• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Market for Old Books

aco175

Legend
I dropped all of mine at my FLGS for store bucks. It was not much- a few dollars per hardcover. I did get more for some of the supplements and things like a box of 2e spells. Some of the old, rare stuff sells online if you have the time to post on Ebay and such but I think you will not get what you want. You can local sites like Craigslist and maybe a gaming group is playing that edition and looking for some stuff.

I found that my old books were like comics and ball cards in that I played with them and read them so they were not in mint condition.

Celebrim

Legend
Depends on the book and the condition of the book. Relatively rare but well-regarded books have values above their original suggested retail value, sometimes markedly so. Over printed and lightly regarded books can have a value that is a fraction of its original value. I've seen used book stores carrying 3e hardbacks at anything from $7.00 to $75.00 depending on the book.

1e and 2e books can go for an even larger range. I've seen good condition well regarded 1e adventure modules go for over $100.00.

Strongly suggest you look at ebay and figure out which books are tending to go pricey at auction.

I would not suggest selling to a FLGS. He is incurring risk when buying product like that and he has to make a margin on resale so you will not be getting a good deal. Ebay the valuable pieces yourself before taking the less valuable components to a FLGS or used book reseller.

Remove ads