• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Item Compendium - March 07

Knight Otu

First Post
On Amazon.ca.

Other March 07 titles, which I'm pretty sure are all novels:

The Great White Wyrm: Champions, Volume Four
by Peter Archer (Author) (Mass Market Paperback - March 13, 2007)

Forge of the Mindslayers: the Blade of the Flame, Book 2
by Tim Waggoner (Author) (Mass Market Paperback - March 13, 2007)

Passage to Dawn: the Legend of Drizzt, Book X
by R.a. Salvatore (Author) (Hardcover - March 13, 2007)

Depths of Madness: the Dungeons
by Erik Scott Debie (Author) (Mass Market Paperback - March 13, 2007)

To Sleep With Evil
by Andria Cardarelle Hayday (Author) (Paperback - March 13, 2007)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Hrm. I wonder if Magic Item Compendium is going to take a small amount of all existing Magical Items from various sources and expand each item to be like the new item stat block. Before, I would have said 'Woohoo!', but I'm not quite sure I can do that atm because expanded, it would leave out SO MANY magical items that it couldn't even call itself a Compendium anymore...

Graf

Explorer
Dog Moon said:
Hrm. I wonder if Magic Item Compendium is going to take a small amount of all existing Magical Items from various sources and expand each item to be like the new item stat block. Before, I would have said 'Woohoo!', but I'm not quite sure I can do that atm because expanded, it would leave out SO MANY magical items that it couldn't even call itself a Compendium anymore...
Or, more likely, it will just be a magical item compendium.
Like the Spell Compendium.

I would welcome magic items with a bit more description, flavor text or (especially) history. But the smart money is on a straight reprint.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I think a Magic Item Compendium is less useful. Though, I was hoping that Weapons of Legacy would have been just a bunch of new weapons with lots of color.

Glyfair

Explorer
Jdvn1 said:
I think a Magic Item Compendium is less useful. Though, I was hoping that Weapons of Legacy would have been just a bunch of new weapons with lots of color.

I don't know, I'd be first in line for a 3.5 edition of the Encyclopedia Magica. If they adapt everything to 3.5 they might even be able to fit it in the same 4 volumes, since they'd cut down a lot of the duplication and some items can be short-cutted (it's a holy, outsider bane longsword). The development time would be HUGE though.

Remove ads