• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M3: Nurlan & Mordik (Patlin judging)

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik nods. [smallcaps]Grosk-Spear. Alina-Rope. Got it. [/smallcaps]

Mordik drops his backpack in the room, but hesitates when he gets to the weapons...[smallcaps] I have to keep my armor and weapons on in case of any issues. Also helps with the "bodyguard thing".[/smallcaps] He says, keeping it purposefully ambiguous in case anyone's listening.
He takes the items as offered and adds: [smallcaps]Err...I hadnt thought of it til now, but I'm pretty skilled with a rope, if ya wanna use that in your act somehow.[/smallcaps]
Mordik throws(19) the rope around himself in a flourishing way, throwing the grappling hook attaching to the top edge of the bed, right above where someone's head would be.
[smallcaps]Of course I understand that playing with ropes ain't all that entertaining... [/smallcaps]

OOC:
I figure all I was rolling for was if it attached, and how well. I'm not trying to climb up anything, so I woulda known if it was a miserable failure, a pass or a good pass. If I was out of line rolling for that, by all means nix it and tell me not to do it again. heh

orsal

LEW Judge
NakuruSai (Mordik) said:
He takes the items as offered and adds: [smallcaps]Err...I hadnt thought of it til now, but I'm pretty skilled with a rope, if ya wanna use that in your act somehow.[/smallcaps]
Mordik throws(19) the rope around himself in a flourishing way, throwing the grappling hook attaching to the top edge of the bed, right above where someone's head would be.
[smallcaps]Of course I understand that playing with ropes ain't all that entertaining... [/smallcaps]

Nurlan thinks for a moment. "Hmmm... I don't really do much with it. I'm not planning to climb the walls in the common room downstairs with a grappling hook. It's just at certain points in the song I'll toss it into the air, while holding the rope so that I don't lose control of it. It grabs the audience's attention, and it's kind of related to the song, because Alina used to climb mountains. I'll tell you what. I'll do it my usual way tonight, and then we'll talk about whether we can have you using the rope in the future. I'd like to get you involved if we can think of a good way."

NakuruSai

First Post
[smallcaps]
Right! wouldn' want to change up the act too much righ' before the show.
[/smallcaps]

Mordik gathers up the rope and spear and heads towards their room door.
[smallcaps]
Well? Let's go eat then we can do this show of yours.
[/smallcaps]

Manzanita

First Post
The silver pieces are assumed to come from the per diem, as are the cost of food and drinks.

Nurlan and Mordik are shown to their room by a serving boy named James. They examine their room. It has two double beds along the wall farthest from the wall. A table with two iron candlesticks and four chairs occupies the center of the room. Near the door is a dresser with an iron candlestick and four drawers. The single window is barred and has shutters on the inside. A large carpet covers the floor, leaving only three inches of floor exposed on each side of the room. Under each bed, concealed by the ruffled bedding, is a chest for storing personal belongings.

Nurlan and Mordik return to the common room. People smile and scoot their chairs around to watch the show. Walking to the center of the room, Nurlan and Mordik notice Rinaldo, Ashnar and Eanos entering from the main door.

Please return to the main thread, as everyone is in the same room again.

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Resuming separate threads that night

Once back in the room, Nurlan tells Mordik, "I think I have the act that can use your rope skills. It's a song about Gribbet, a bounty hunter who, according to legend, used to arrest people by lassoing them. Do you think that, while I'm singing it, you could throw the rope around me, and then gently reel me in? I of course would be shuffling toward you, so you wouldn't actually need the strength to pull me, but act like you are."

Out of order: once all discussion of their act is finished, Nurlan is ready for bed. He hasn't found any reason to be suspicious in this setting, so he'll favour getting a full night's sleep even if that makes keeping watch impossible. However, if Mordik is more paranoid, he'll agree to some sort of vigil.

Dungannon

First Post
ooc: Hate to interrupt, but NakuruSai is getting married today so he may not be able to respond for a few days to this. I don't know if he told you guys this or not but I hadn't seen it mentioned so I figured I'd give you guys a heads-up.

orsal

LEW Judge
OOC: Well, congratulations NakuruSai! No hurry, this thread can wait. With separate threads we're probably not holding up the others if we take our time.

Manzanita

First Post
I must wait on another party before skipping to dawn. Perhaps you could discuss (or decide) your actions for the morning for now.

Manzanita

First Post
In the morning, the various groups converge in the common room for breakfast. Glimpses are caught of each other in the halls and by the outhouse as well. The food is good, and the same boys dash around providing prompt, polite service. James is 12, with long blond hair held back in a pony tail. Balmir wears his long black hair back as well. He is a little older, but smaller. They are joined this morning by a young woman, Rillis, who is older still, about 17. She seems to be a favorite of the regulars, as she is very cute, and somewhat flirtatious. The morning fry cook is the bearded bartender from the night before. You come to know him as Glami. The midget and his friend come in about 8 o’clock. Wilfong, the gambler, arrives soon afterwards for his eggs. Another man shows up in the morning, and apparently also stays in the inn. He has long black hair, wears a black cape and a longsword at his waist. Tenebrynn, Nurlan, Mordik, Rinaldo, Ashnar, and Eanos are all present. Abraham the innkeeper isn't there.

Please post any particular interactions you seek out, tips made or whatever.

orsal

LEW Judge
next morning

Nurlan will order breakfast, probably with Mordik (although NakuruSai obviously needs to confirm that.) While eating he'll chat up the caped guy: "Hi, I'm Nurlan. Who are you?" If the man seems at all sociable, he'll pursue the same general line as with Wilfong last night -- what's his business here, does he know the town well, and if so what does he know about local musicians?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads