M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Gurdjieff

First Post
Spotting the ghouls rushing for the people at the cart, Irene doesnt see anything that she can do from up here. Knowing the last time more ghouls were around, she readies for any ghoul to show up anywhere near her.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn1

"By the gods!" cries Somac.

OOC: If Charlarn is unable to turn both of the ghouls, Somac will take a shot at the most threatening one with his shortbow (Atk +3, 1d6, x3, 60'). Alternatively, if Tor asks for help pulling Charlarn and Nurlan back up, Somac will help with that effort.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Tor's hands itch to grab and throw a javelin, but he resists the temptation. Instead, he retains his grip on the rope, prepared to help Nurlan or Charlarn climb up and make an escape, if that becomes necessary. Indeed, if they are rendered helpless, he may try to haul them up and away from the enemy.

(For rule purposes, Tor readies an action to aid another if either Charlarn or Nurlan tries to climb to safety.)

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

Charlarn swallows and his face becomes a little pale. He readies his shield (move action) and brandishes a small kite shield emblazoned with a stylized silver falcon. He calls out in an uncertain voice, "Phyrah, let these poor souls continue on their proper journey." (Turn attempt 1/5; +2 Cha mod; +4 turn damage; standard action).

Manzanita

First Post
Ghoul combat round 1

Charlyn holds up his holy falcon. As the hideous creatures scramble towards him over the rocks on all fours, he begins the incantations he has learned by heart. But the practice in the temple seems to have ill-prepared him for real thing, as his voice stutters, and the ghouls seems completely unaffected.

Seeing the ghouls almost reach his companions, Somac releases a barbed shaft at the advancing creatures, but he overcompensates for the altitude drop, and his arrow clatters harmlessly on the rocks.

Charlyn still fares better than Nurlan, however, as he is able to ward off the pale, yellow-eyed creature's claws with his shield. Nurlan tries to smash his mace down on the creature's head, but loses his balance on the loose rocks. The ghoul grabs his mace with one hand, and claws at his face with the other. Nurlan's red blood rolls down the ghoul's arm, and his body convulses briefly, before stiffening, and toppling over onto the ground like a wooden plank. (5 pts dmg, Nurlan Paralyzed.)

The others hear strange, hollow cries start up above and below the trail. Pale figures can be seen advancing towards the road from above and below. It will probably take them 2 rounds to engage the party.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo quickly move next to Tor, taking a rod that is attached at his side. He quickly attach the rope around the rod before pushing on a button. As he loose his grip on the rod, the rod stay in the middle of the air.

"You have a better to do than hold that rope, Tor." he say to Tor.

OOC:
(Move) Move to Tor while drawing the immovable rod
(Standard) Use Rope to attach the rope to the rod
(Free??) Push the button of the immovable rod to stay in the air.

Knight Otu

First Post
"Höllenbrut" Ashnar mutters a curse in Ignan as he sees the ghouls emerging, and tries to assess the situation.
(OOC - Knowledge (arcana) +7 [+9 Evocation; +2 Illusion and Enchantment] to see if the 'bell' was a magical effect.
Knowledge (religion) +4 for determining a few bits on the undead.
Untrained Int (+3) or Wis (+2) check to determine the effect of a burst of alchemist's fire on the avalanche.

About how far are the ghouls away? Judging by the map, I get the impression that it's at least 30 ft., and they are now in melee with Charlarn and Nurlan.)

"Too far for my spells from here, and if I toss my alchemist's fire now, I might hit Charlarn and Nurlan. I need to get closer."

(Move action to move a bit closer, and Ray of Frost against the closest ghoul; Climb -1; Balance +0; Ray of Frost +0 ranged touch 1d3 cold damage)

Patlin

Explorer
Tor had been thinking of pulling Nurlan out of danger, but he accepts Rinaldo's mild chastisement and instead pulls forth one of the four Javelins on his back, throwing it at a ghoul.

ooc: If we manage to wound one by my turn, I target the wounded one.

Free: Drop rope now that Rinaldo attached it to his rod.
Move: Draw Javelin.
Standard: Attack With Javelin at +3 for d6+2 damage.

Remove ads