• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LOTR] Two Towers 5th viewing Boycott...

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Bonehoard Taffer said:
I saw the movie tonight, ironically enough my 5th Time. And I saw the trailer at the end. Incidently Rashak Mani, if you were a real boycotter you'd ban yourself from the next two. But somehow, I doubt you believe in your cause that much. And as far as I have read, the series is already done, that they were all filmed together. As I had heard, this was done to prevent continuity errors as a result of contracts, death, or whatever other reasons. Oh, and one more thing, if Peter Jackson becomes rich off these movies, more power to him. I'd rather see him get than it Lucas, JK Rowling, or Stan Lee.

Bone"hoard", this thread was a JOKE.

What is with the gullibility level around here these days? Yeesh!

Zappo

Explorer
No wait, if you skip the 5th and then go to the 6th, you haven't accomplished anything. The 6th viewing will simply become the 5th, breaking the boycott. It's obvious. So, you must skip both the 5th and 6th, but you can go see the 7th no problem.

AGGEMAM

First Post
Welverin said:
Of course! But we need proof you didn't actually see it the 5th time.

That easy, I'll just take my glasses of. I'm blind as a bat without them, and I don't think having blindsight will help me see a movie.

Rashak Mani

First Post
Bonehead Taffer said:
I saw the movie tonight, ironically enough my 5th Time. And I saw the trailer at the end. And as far as I have read, the series is already done, that they were all filmed together. As I had heard, this was done to prevent continuity errors as a result of contracts, death, or whatever other reasons. Oh, and one more thing, if Peter Jackson becomes rich off these movies, more power to him. I'd rather see him get than it Lucas, JK Rowling, or Stan Lee.

I bet you went only for the trailer... ?

They were filmed together of course... so why the delay to launch the other two parts ?! Read the parts about foot dragging and waiting for Christmas... we should "protest" this delay ... wouldnt you prefer to see Two Tower in July or August ? The third movie could then be ready for January or February !!!

Peter Jackson should become rotten rich I agree .. AFTER he finishes the movies... if you watch the movies 10 times he just might retire early, rich and happy. Contract or no contract. :)

Guys dont go the 5th time... you tell your friends its for a good cause and ask them to call you for the 6th time... that should show them not to delay the movies...

A2Z

Explorer
Sulimo said:

Although Liv & Viggo wont be in it, I'm sure we'll see a direct to video film called 'Lord of the Ring' or something similar soon.
Oh come on! I'm sure they'll come up with something more clever. Just think of what they came up with for Jurasic Park or Honey I Blew up the Kids. :)

Maybe something along the lines of 'Lord of the Fling' or Lord of the **** Ring' ;). You'll just have to use your imagination to fill in the asterix's. :D

Rashak Mani said:

I bet you went only for the trailer... ?

Actually, I didn't know about the trailer until after the fact. Mine is actually a more insiduous plot. I want it to pass up Harry Potter. :) Seriously though, with it coming out on DVD soon, I probably won't go beyond a 5th time. I do got to admit though, I think all the times I saw it, the 5th was one of the best if not the best time that I saw it.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Heh. My friend told me that he felt the tenth viewing was the turning point for him :rolleyes:

Myself it was the 7th (and last) time I saw it (don't worry though I boycotted both the 4th AND 5th viweings - I'm not nuts y'know :D )

Remove ads