• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LOTR] Two Towers 5th viewing Boycott...

Rashak Mani

First Post
First let me say that I was inspired by the First Week boycott idea for Episode II Star Wars. After all so much hype and so little story deserves some deflating the filmakers egos.

Now even thou LOTR is a great movie... it takes awfully long for the 2nd and 3rd parts to premiere. I know its nice to show em off only during the Christmas/Summer period.... but wild fans have been going to the Fellowship of the Ring multiple times. So in order to protest their foot dragging of launching the complete trilogy, they should be punished.

So when you have seen the film once, twice, thrice and four times... DONT GO A FIFTH TIME !! Boycott multiple viewings beyond fourth. We dont want just a trailer at the end to justify seeing the film a twentieth time !!

Do remember that if Peter Jackson gets too rich from the first part he just might retire early and enjoy his money instead of finishing the trilogy !!

Ranger REG

Explorer
I think he is contractually obligated by the production company to finish all three movies.

Even if your scenario do come true, New Line Cinema will just hire a new director and post-production crew to take what film they have already shot during the 18 months in NZ to finish the film.

Last edited:

EricNoah

Adventurer
I for one will join you in this boycott. Not only because you're right, but because it's not in the theaters around here any more!

PS -- this doesn't mean I can't rent the DVD when it comes out, right? 'Cause that's just crazy!

Rashak Mani

First Post
DARN I forgot about the DVD... BOYCOTT the Kiddie DVD version of LOTR !! We want a X RATED full of violence and more Liz Tyler and Viggo stuff...

Lets check previous compliance with the boycott then: EricNoah how many times did you see the LOTR movie ?

[ If I even dared suggest boycotting Two Towers outright I would be banished from this board... yet a grain of truth is present... why ONE YEAR !! ]

Last edited:

Sulimo

First Post
Rashak Mani said:
DARN I forgot about the DVD... BOYCOTT the Kiddie DVD version of LOTR !! We want a X RATED full of violence and more Liz Tyler and Viggo stuff...

Although Liv & Viggo wont be in it, I'm sure we'll see a direct to video film called 'Lord of the Ring' or something similar soon.

Ulrick

First Post
For a moment I thought this was about something I saw on another message board:

Its turns out that people think that "The Two Towers" shouldn't be the name of the next LotR movie because it reminds them of the WTC attack. Seriously, there was even a link to a website that had a petition you could sign!
A few people wrote cursing Tolkien and the filmakers for doing such a thing. :confused:

Ulrick

I saw the movie tonight, ironically enough my 5th Time. And I saw the trailer at the end. Incidently Rashak Mani, if you were a real boycotter you'd ban yourself from the next two. But somehow, I doubt you believe in your cause that much. And as far as I have read, the series is already done, that they were all filmed together. As I had heard, this was done to prevent continuity errors as a result of contracts, death, or whatever other reasons. Oh, and one more thing, if Peter Jackson becomes rich off these movies, more power to him. I'd rather see him get than it Lucas, JK Rowling, or Stan Lee.

Remove ads