• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(LOTR) Lennon as Gollum????

omedon

First Post
Hell, I'd LOVE to see the Beatles do the LotR. It would have been a blast! :]

Ahh well...

Bull
Me too :-]

It would have been completely surreal, I am sure. As long as the current version still got made somewhere down the line I would be happy.

I hope the whole thing gets done again in 20 years, with even better special effects, and 5 hours alloted to each of the 3 parts.

thathairyguy

First Post
They've already done it.

That was where the insipiration for "HELP!" came from.

They couldn't do the LotR thing so, instead, they throw a ring on Ringo's finger and have him chased all over the place while he tries to get it of and destroy it. There are many parallels.

Check it out, not for the LotR bits but just 'cause it was a gas.

omedon

First Post
Cool, I have never seen that video. I wish I had.

You think in this whole 500 channel universe that were in somebody would have made a Beatles channel by now.

And a Seinfeld channel for that matter, I know it reruns everyday but that still isn't enough. :)

Wolfen Priest

First Post
Re: Forgive Me!

Stormprince said:

*shudders* When I first read this quote, for some reason, my mind leapt for the connection from the Beatles to Jackson with Jackson being Michael Jackson, which in turn inspired another quick leap remembering when MJ had purchased the rights to most of the Beatles' copyrights and properties, which then imagined what would have happened if the Beatles did have the rights to do the movie, just broke up before they actually did it (Yoko as the Dark One anyone?)... so, years later, MJ finds that contract in his Vault, and decides he wants to do the movie!

And suddenly, we end up with a LotR version of 'The Wiz'!

- Christopher

Can you imagine (no pun intended) Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson strolling down the road, singing in harmony:

"The dog-gone Ring is mine.... mine, mine..."

Remove ads