• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LotR 2, what do you think about it?

Darklone

Heard about several guys who got the 2nd LotR movies right now from somewhere from the net. Has anyone here seen that stuff and would like to comment it?

And no, I will NOT go and get me a copy and watch it outside of a huge cinema.

Wolfspider

Explorer
I seriously doubt that the full second movie is anywhere on the net now. Perhaps the trailer for Two Towers has been leaked, and maybe a few scenes from the movie that have been shown at various conventions and such, but surely not the whole movie. I'm quite sure the special effects for it haven't even been completed yet.

That being said, I'm going to go right now and download Morpheus, Kazaa, and whatever other file-sharing software I can scrounge and go take a look for myself. :D

Harlequin

First Post
:)

Wolfspider said:
That being said, I'm going to go right now and download Morpheus, Kazaa, and whatever other file-sharing software I can scrounge and go take a look for myself. :D

Wolfy please let us all know if you find anyhting :)

The waiting for ANYTHING about Two Towers is AGONISING !

Harlequin

Tsyr

Explorer
lol. Wouldn't surprise me one way or the other.

Re: Morpheus

Anyone else thing the new version is horrid? I cant even get it to download anything, even when I manage to work my way through the search function to find something I want to download.

Berandor

lunatic
Friends of mine also claim to have the 2nd movie from the web; as I don't watch these, and usually take little interest in such scounging, I can't comment on whether it is really the second movie or not... as I believe some parts are still in post-production and the final cut hasn't been administered as well.

But hey, to each his own, he?

B

Darklone

Well

I can only say what they told me: It's the full movie. Perhaps not yet finished cutting, but it seems to be everything.

Perhaps Peter Jackson fired a software engineer who got his little revenge :)?

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
As of late last week, I heard that Peter Jackson had finished the rough cut and was now moving on to the fine cut.

So that means IF there is a version out there, its A) not properly paced, B) doesn't have the correct sound C) is probably missing some effects work and D) doesn't have any music.

And besides, who on earth would want to watch those films in some dinky desktop player? Good grief.

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
I agree with those that have said that what may be out on the net is NOT the final version of LotR: TT. Jackson just finished reshooting some scenes (heck I don't know if he is finished yet) and I'm sure that the music/soundtrack and special f/x are not done.

Not to compare Jackson with Lucas *begins dodging objects being thrown at him* but Lucas works on SW till the movie is distributed (well maybe about 2 teeks before). I'm sure that they will be working a lot on LotR: TT till mid to late Oct when the final version will be ready for its Dec. premiere. I know that not all movies are worked on till the last minute but it seems that BIG movies are worked on in this manner. But I could be wrong.

Tolen Mar

First Post
Tsyr said:
lol. Wouldn't surprise me one way or the other.

Re: Morpheus

Anyone else thing the new version is horrid? I cant even get it to download anything, even when I manage to work my way through the search function to find something I want to download.

No, you arent the only one. Morpheus 2 is a Gnutella client now, and I was never impressed for all the same reasons. However, I refuse to go back to Kazaa (which is virtually identical) because I hate anything that has spyware in it. I guess I am just out of luck now...

Driddle

First Post
I saw that teh movie has already been made into a book and released at the mall, even before the movie's release! What the ****?! I didnt read frist book after the movie and I'm not intersted in reading the second (or third etc.), but i think it sortof sucks that there releasing the sequel so quickly before any one has a chance to go to the theater. You know?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads