• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a system...

Saw Zombieland last night, and was thinking about doing some "light hearted" Zombie-pocalypse type one shots (especially on Halloween!).

Can someone suggest a good system to use?

Thought WoD, but wasn't sure that would have the mood...maybe Demon Hunters? All Flesh Must Be Eaten? It Came From the Late, Late Show?

Help!?!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Paranoia. Just scrub out the setting material, but keep much of the mechanics and flavor.

Wombat

First Post
Umbran may well have the right of this one :)

Barring that, yeah, I'd go with It Came From The Late, Late, Late Show.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Demon Hunters would be ideal. Supernatural would also work, and it has zombies in it! I ran a Supernatural event yesterday at Madison Games Day II with the GhostFacers as the hunters. I think GhostFacers vs. Zombies would be tons of fun.

Cheers,
Cam

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Savage Worlds with Zombie Run or John Wick's Shotgun Diaries (18 page zombie apocalypse complete system on RPGnow for $5)

That was going to be my suggestion. Although I like the Paranoia idea, especially if you're trying to encourage some PVP action.

Risus could also work well if you want to go rules-lite. And it's free.

Remove ads