• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let's say I want to begin with Scarred Lands... What do I need?

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Last week I bought Hollowfaust. I hadn't bought anything for Scarred Lands befoire, I bought Hollowfaust because a friend told me it could be used in almost any campaign, and that's true.

But when I read the book I became intrigued with the SL concept. And now, I think I want to know more about SL. So...

What are the minimum neccesary books for a SL campaign?
Do I need Relics and Rituals I and II and Creatures Compendiums I and II?

I've seen that a Scarred Lands Campaign Setting: Ghelspad has been just released. If I buy it, will I have all the neccesary info?

For example, magic rules and it's termic effect, are they explained exclusively in R&R I or in the Scarred Lands Campaign Setting: Ghelspad or any other book too?

Thanks a lot for the answers!

Last edited:

Krail Stromquism

First Post
Ive really enjoyed all the stuff Ive got of SL. It just depends on what you want to focus on. The Divine and Defeated is great if you want to focus in on the Titans and gods, but necessary for regular play.

CCII is much tighter than CCI, I'd get it and if you can find a PDF of CCI or find it used then pick it up.

I liked Hollowfaust and Mithral both a good setting for anywhere.

Id think about what kind of campaign and story your going to run and that should help you decide what SL products you want.

As always spend as much time as you can looking thru the books before you buy them, I really like the Titans and the Div and Def book but have no where to stick it into my FR campaign.

RRI is really nice too, I'd pick it up just for the expanded spells and Magic Items. It needs a little tweaking here and there but over all is a great product.

word up.

Remove ads