• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L4W Discussion Thread V

Stomphoof

First Post
When I finally have a character and enter the Tavern, do I have the ability to RP the NPC Responses, or does someone else do that? IE if I want to talk to the barkeep for idle chit chat, can I write his responses or no?

Whats the standard convention?

Also does the forums have a built in die roll function or do you guys use an offsite dice roller?

And one final thing: Are the Hybrid Classes allowed? (so I could make say a Barbarian/RunePriest as an example)

Last edited:

Atriden

First Post
Goo times, although I had not a chance to play with you, I remember reading its antics on the tavern.

Perhaps we will adventure on quest together this time :).

Everyone, thanks for the welcome :-D!

Question's;
- Can you play aasimar as a race? Couldn't find them in the l4w charter.
- planning on making a ranged cleric, do we have many of those?
- any upcoming lvl 1 adventures happening soon ?

Question's;
- Can you play aasimar as a race? Couldn't find them in the l4w charter.
- planning on making a ranged cleric, do we have many of those?
- any upcoming lvl 1 adventures happening soon ?

- you can play anything that went public more then a month ago and is not specifically forbidden
- there are few clerics, but not too many, there are other interesting leaders outthere
- you can make a character above first level if you had one before - not sure about exact rules, but you can replace existing character or rebuild the existing one - no new adventures are announced at the moment

Atriden

First Post
Thanks for the quick response. So things are basically as they used to be :).
I had a level 4 character, Atreus, maybe I could retire him and create a new character. Is that ok?
I found out he is in the wiki but no character sheet :-\ .
Otherwise I will just start at lvl 1, no biggie :).

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
When I finally have a character and enter the Tavern, do I have the ability to RP the NPC Responses, or does someone else do that? IE if I want to talk to the barkeep for idle chit chat, can I write his responses or no?

Whats the standard convention?

Also does the forums have a built in die roll function or do you guys use an offsite dice roller?

And one final thing: Are the Hybrid Classes allowed? (so I could make say a Barbarian/RunePriest as an example)

It depends. If it is just scene or character setting chit chat, then other players might have Blagarm, the crusty landlord/barman harangue their own characters.

Most folks use Invisible Castle, an offline roller.

Hybrids are allowed. Plenty of them in the game. Welcome.

Atriden

First Post
Alright, I have made a character with wizards character builder. A deva cleric. I will be putting him in the wiki soon, but I wasn't sure if I could retire Atreus and make him lvl 4 or not.
Atreus is mentioned on the wiki as lvl 4 but there is no character sheet, so the question is, can I still retire him?

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Alright, I have made a character with wizards character builder. A deva cleric. I will be putting him in the wiki soon, but I wasn't sure if I could retire Atreus and make him lvl 4 or not.
Atreus is mentioned on the wiki as lvl 4 but there is no character sheet, so the question is, can I still retire him?

OOC: I remember Atreus. Even if it's sheet is lost, I can confirm that he was played with my warlock at the beginning of our careers. I'm not a judge, but I vote for them to allow it. :)

Son of Meepo

First Post
I was able to find your xp award for Love Bites, but not sure what games you were in. I suppose if you could link to the xp awards in all your old games, there wouldn't be any question.

Remove ads