• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just discovered Castles and Crusades

Charles Lowry

Explorer
And wow. This has been exactly what I've been looking for. And the DMG equivalent is the best DMG I've run across in any edition. The only disappointment is that I didn't discover it sooner. If you had a mindset like myself, "I like DnD 5th except for....." I encourage you to pick up the latest printings of the books. There are tons of great rules and ideas even if you don't want to leave DnD.

Jahydin

Hero
The latest cover is too good not to share too...
CC.jpg

Retreater

Legend
I'm glad you found a system you're excited about.
For me, I was an early adopter of C&C - just after their white box and got their first hardcover editions.
I had burned out of 3.x and liked the "going back to my foundations" that C&C offered. Sadly, none in my group would try it.
Today, most of those same friends are into OSE, but it seems that C&C passed us by.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
For me, I was an early adopter of C&C - just after their white box and got their first hardcover editions.
I had burned out of 3.x and liked the "going back to my foundations" that C&C offered. Sadly, none in my group would try it.
Today, most of those same friends are into OSE, but it seems that C&C passed us by.

My story is similar. I switched over to C&C as soon as I found out about it, and playing it felt better than 3.x had — like half-way to coming home — but, as seems to be a common story, for me C&C proved to be little more than a stepping-stone on the path leading all the way back to home and OAD&D.

Jahydin

Hero
My story is similar. I switched over to C&C as soon as I found out about it, and playing it felt better than 3.x had — like half-way to coming home — but, as seems to be a common story, for me C&C proved to be little more than a stepping-stone on the path leading all the way back to home and OAD&D.
Oh cool! What system have you been using for OD&D?

Jahydin

Hero
I'm in the same boat really. As much as I love to tweak rules and chat about C&C all day, it barely gets to make it to the table. :confused:

Remove ads