• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Jewish magic items?

Status
Not open for further replies.
David's Sling?

Joseph's many coloured dream coat? Lets you cast divination to speak to your god in a dream.

Moses' Staff. (look at the various rods in the book.)

Noah's boat. It has an extra-dimensional space that allows it fit more people than it looks...(how else did it fit 2 of every animal?)

There's so many...these are just the ones off the top of my head.

I think the menorah should probably cast Hallow on a place after its been left to burn for the appropriate amount of days

GreyLord

Legend
Hmm....a few could come to mind...

Collapsible Sukkah - This small hut can collapse to the size of a small Silver coin, but can be tossed on the ground to expand into a small shelter one can spend the night in. They are found mostly among desert dwelling nomads

The Hammer of Maccabees - a +3 weapon that doubles its damage each successive hit against those who do not worship the same deity or religion as it's wielder.

Tallit of Blessing - When worn during morning prayers, this will bestow a +1 to Saving throws throughout the day.

Sling of Giant Slaying - Both Christian and Judaic, this sling has a +1 to hit, but if a 19 or 20 is rolled when used against Giants, it kills the Giant instantly. It also does double damage against Bears and Lions and triple damage against Dire animals.

The Ark of the Covenant - When born into battle, no one in the group or army bearing it can fall below 1 Hitpoint unless it falls to the ground or touches the ground. If any living creature actually touches the actual container, they die instantly (no save).

Tzedakah Box of Charity - Any money you put in here is tripled. However, any money you take out MUST be given to someone who is in need and used to buy them food or shelter. If one fails to do this or uses the money for another purpose they come under a curse where they lose 1 point from each of their attributes each day until they donate 4X the amount of money they took from the Box to those who are in need (and use it for food or charity).

Skullcap of protection - Grants a +1 to your Armor Class, +2 if you are a Cleric of Good Alignment.

Mezuzah of Sanctuary - No violence can occur beyond the doors inside the household upon which this is affixed.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
The Ark of the Covenant sent plagues against enemies of the Israelites, right? It should let the person controlling it cast Cause Disease against massive numbers of people.

A tallis should be able to work in place of any magical cloak or shirt. A Tallis of Protection would make a good substitute for light armour.

A yarmulke could be enchanted like any magical helmet, hat, crown, or circlet.

Tefillin could work in place of magical rings, bracers, glovers, or gauntlets.

The Ark of the Covenant sent plagues against enemies of the Israelites, right? It should let the person controlling it cast Cause Disease against massive numbers of people.

IIRC it was secure storage for Israel's most sacred relics, and its curse was visited on anyone trying to disturb said relics. When the Philistines stole it, swarms of rats appeared and ate their grain, everybody got butt cancer (or at any rate got some afflicition where translators aren't sure whether it means "tumors" or "hemorrhoids"), and it blew up the idol of Dagon.

EDIT:
Which brings up the secondary matter that if you're playing Call of Cthulhu, the Holy Bible really ought to count as a mythos tome, with all the associated bonuses and penalties.

The ark of the covenant was indeed a secure holding place for some of israels most sacred relics.

Im 'bout to blow most if not all of your socks off though.

FOR YOU SEE, IT IS ALSO ONE OF THE WORLD'S OLDEST

DICE BOXES AS IT CONTAINED "UMIN AND THUMIN"

The dice of god

FOURTH WALL INTENSIFIES!!!

Not necessarily Jewish "items," but have you thought of playing with some of the King Solomon myths? There is a lot of parlying with demons in them.
Ive decided that i think solomon would best be described as either a 9th level domain wizard (not QUITE sure which domain but ive got it narrowed down to just a few) 3rd level bard or a 9th level mystic theurge 3rd level bard.

David is more like...9th level bard 3rd level paladin. That combo isnt anything to laugh at. Its actually a far more powerful paladin than a pure paladin of the same total level. It will skewer that other paladin. Oh. That reminds me. After david had some actual military experience his primary weapon was unquestionably a spear. So his weapon of choice is spear. He is proficient with harp but he is going to be the bardic variant that can also use his voice all om its own. Also hes a giant (not the race). Were gonna say hes just slightly over 8 feet, because mythologically david was actually super tall to the point that he was tall even compared to saul and saul was all ready considered a giant. Im giving david the large size category. But hes at the very bottom of it. Just a whisker above minimum height requirement.

I would hate to fight david. Guy who can cast gaseous form and other powerful effects all day, is a giant, can debuff me all day, and weilds a spear decides i need to die? Im noping right out of there.

And he has the leadership feat and not only a spec ops force (mostly highly talented spear users. Id probably stat them as really well built knight classes) famous throughout the land but hes also got a freaking army.

Im double noping outta there. I would not wanna face A MAGICAL ROCKSTAR palidin who is a giant (not the race) and has access to a butt load of major magical items. SO MANY. Not to mention they are the favorite two humans of the irl equivalent of pelor if pelor also had the war domain.

His son is not much less scary. Still has the army too.

All in all, id rather face most individuals of most classes who are personally level 20 than either of these two.

think either david or solomon would have to be considered a nasty foe. Good thing they're good aligned. Oh wait. Im NE...

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads