• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IVV1: The Forgotten Map [orsal judging]

Vindala quickly joins up with the group. she listens quietly and says "Scrate said we can find such a lizard near town, in the coastal wetlands, we should there and begin the search". she then adds with a grim expression "i think most of us would like to finish our dealing with Scrate as soon as possible".

Heckler

First Post
"Hi everyone. Nice to meet you," Babette greets the group. "So we need to capture a shocker lizard? That'll be interesting. Do we have a plan?"

"And, no, Lerrin, I'm not married. And I'd like to keep it that way for a while," she adds, in response to the cleric's question.

Halford

First Post
The Cleric nods sagely, an expression which seems out of place on his rogueish features,

"Very sensible, Marriage should not be entered into lightly. I have entered into enough marriages to know that those participating ought to be truly infatuated with one another - of course I have never been married myself."

He flashes Babette a smile before turning back to the group at large,

"Do we need a net if we have a cage? It cannot be easy to ensnare a live critter with a net, and I know I would not be proficient with one, are any of you? Like as not we will need to subdue it and in that case, well, we have the cage - right?"

jaker2003

Explorer
Oskar nods, "Aye, we have the cage, but a cage is to hold and transport something; it is not built for capture. A net can be thrown to capture the lizard from a distance and will not unnecessarily harm the creature; though, I also am not proficient with a net.

The creature may be dangerous to us, can we incapacitate it without lasting harm? I suppose a spell would be ideal; though the creature may be strong enough to resist it.
I could purchase a sap. That would allow me to knock it out with minimal effort and pain.

If either of you have an appropriate spell, I will happily relegate the sap to last resort.
"

Halford

First Post
Lerrin frowns,

"Well best guess this thing is going to be a handful, right? If the creepy fella is willing to exchange its capture for a service that would otherwise cost hundreds, even thousands of crowns we can be assured it is not going to come without a fight. I say we do it a little harm, once its on its last legs we can knock it out."

He looks thoughtful,

"As to magic to subdue it, I cannot bring to mind much that I am capable of, I had likely best concentrate on healing and the like. How about you Babette, got anything that might do the trick?"

[sblock=Lerrin's Spells Prepared]
1st: Charm Person, Identify
0th: Create Water, Light, Light[/sblock]

Heckler

First Post
Oskar nods, "Aye, we have the cage, but a cage is to hold and transport something; it is not built for capture.
"Well, that's not entirely true," Babette chimes in. "We can bait a cage and wait for the lizard to go in, then close the cage behind him. But we might be waiting a long time for him to come to us, and we'd likely attract things other than the lizard."

"I have a Glitterdust spell, which might blind him temporarily, and Grease which might make it hard for him to run away, but nothing that would capture him. I do have some other spells and scrolls that might aid us in one of the other plans."

"I know I know a little bit about shocker lizards. Give me a minute to gather my thoughts..."*

ooc: *KN(Arc) 1d20+8=27
So what do I know about shocker lizards? Anything they especially like we can use for bait?

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
[sblock=Babette]
The shocker lizard organizes itself in small familial clutches, but can be encountered alone. They frequent swamps and other dark, wet areas and typically hunt by ambush, hiding and waiting for prey to go by, then stunning it with shocks generated by its horns. It feeds on small animals, but can occasionally attempt to capture larger prey.
[/sblock]

Remove ads