• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IRR) The Rokugan IR Introduction (Thread 3)

AvarielAvenger

First Post
Sure. Mathematically speaking though, the only unit I have, at least at the beginning of the IR, that benefits from using the ability is my PC. Otherwise the loss of defense and attack is too much of a negative to warrant it.

:) Which is fine, since eventually, (I hope) the rest of my NPCs will be able to use it with success, and maybe even my armies at some distant point.

Kalanyr

Explorer
I hereby claim

Imperial Provinces
* Rintem Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Okuan Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Miya Estates Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Emonji Province Province PL 5 : IR 1

Sparrow Clan
* Ashai Province PL 5 : IR 1

The Real NPC

Te'Tik'Kir Crippled Bone Nezumi Sorceror 7/Ratling Shaman 10 (Chaotic Good) PL 2

The Imaginary NPCs
Sparrow Clan Champion: Suzume Yogaski Samurai 14 PL 1 (Lawful Good)
Ixai Nezune, Overseer of the Imperial Provinces (Courtier 13/Ranger 1) PL 1 (Lawful Good)

Last edited:

Final Claim List

The five Tides:
Mika (Unknown Uknown?/Unknown?) PL 3
Illadin (Unknown Uknown?/Unknown?) PL 2
Nyovne (Unknown Uknown?/Unknown?) PL 2
Jola (Unknown Uknown?/Unknown?) PL 2
Eknien (Unknown Uknown?/Unknown?) PL 2

Mantis Clan Champion: Yoritomo Kitao (Female Ftr 6/Rog 8) PL 1
Centipede Clan Leader: Moshi Juiko (Female Shugenja 17) PL 2
Wasp Clan Champion and Leader: Tsuruchi Ichiro (Male Fighter 11/ Wasp Bounty Hunter 8) PL 2

Hunterseekers (Led by Tsuruchi Ichiro):
Tsuruchi Xemoni (Male Fighter 8/ Wasp Bounty Hunter 5) PL 1
Tsuruchi Kamiru (Male Fighter 7/ Wasp Bounty Hunter 9) PL 2

The Storm legion (Fighter/Storm Legion) Daimo: Yoritomo Kitao PL 20
Wasp Raiders (Fighter/Rogue/Wasp Bounty Hunter) Daimo:Tsuruchi Ichiro PL 4
Skystrikers (Shugenja) Daimo: Moshi Juiko PL 9

Yoritomo (Fighter/Storm Legion/Honor 2) Daimyo: Yoritomo Kitao (Female Ftr 6/Rog 8) PL 4 : IR 5
Moshi (Shugenja/Honor 3) Daimyo: Moshi Juiko (Female Shu 17) PL 6 : IR 13
Tsuruchi (Fighter/Wasp Bountyhunter/Honor 2) Daimyo: Tsuruchi Ichiro (Male Ftr 6/Wasp BH 5) PL 1 : IR 1

Samato Province PL 5 : IR 1
Buhan Province PL 5 : IR 1
Nikado Province PL 5 : IR 1
Sameisa Province PL 5 : IR 1
Yoka Province PL 5 : IR 1

Territories in the (Far) Southeast of Rokugan
M8*Tani Senshio (Valley of the Centipede) PL 2 : IR 2
M3*Kaimentsu-uo Seido (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2
M5*Maigosera Seido (Lighthouse) PL 1 : IR 0
M4*Tokigogachu (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
A26*Koutetsukan (City) PL 3 : IR 4
M1*Kyuden Gotei (Palace Mantis) PL 6 : IR 4
M6*Kyuden Ashinagabachi (Palace Wasp) PL 7 : IR 5
M2*Toshi no Inazuma (City of Lightning) PL 4 : IR 5
A15*Koeru (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
A19*Daidoji Yukan-se (Tower) PL 5 : IR 3
M7*Shaiga (Village) PL 3 : IR 1

Wan no Asaguroi Mizu (Bay of Dark Water) PL 3 : IR 0
Shima No Kinu (Island of Silk) PL 5 : IR 0
Shima No Koshinryo (Island of Spice) PL 5 : IR 0
Umi Yakamo (Sea of the Sun God) PL 10 : IR 0

---------------------------

I dropped: Isaru Province PL 5 : IR 1

Last edited:

I'm not overjoyed with my +1/+1 for naval since I'm curious if it's gonna be of use but since I can't make anything else up. +1/+1 Naval is fine with me, got nothing else logical I can do or make up.

However some passive bonus like faster and ebtter build ships would be nice.

And as a last question I'd like to ask if it is possible to add the PL from the bay of Darkwaters and the PL from the Sea of the Sun god to my Storm Legion PL. Since those territories are just water and sea I'd say that the PL is in form of ships and fleet there. And since I've named my fleet the Storm legion I'd like to make it all a bit simpeler and have my whole navy under 1 name.
Result: You remove the Sea of the Sun God and the Bay of Dark waters from the list and add +13 PL to my storm legion making it 33 PL in total.

Last edited:

AvarielAvenger

First Post
The Forsaken One said:
I'm not overjoyed with my +1/+1 for naval since I'm curious if it's gonna be of use but since I can't make anything else up. +1/+1 Naval is fine with me, got nothing else logical I can do or make up.

There's plenty for the Mantis to get. The Mantis are all of the following: Great at dual wielding (only the Dragon is better, and that's debatable according to the Mantis), the best mercenaries in the land, extremely lucky, and very good at Rogue type things like smuggling in illegal weapons and such.

All of those can easily have good bonuses in the IR. You should make up a few. Though, If you want me to, I can make up a few for you.

Go ahead if you'd like, I'm especially curious to what you'd come up with on the smuggling part and the lucky part.

Heh if I'd combine this is a.. euhh "benificial" way for me, I'd say lucky = +1/+1 for army and +2/+2 in naval battles :p
But that is a bit far fetched I think =]

Although I think it should just be better that things like Lucky and Smuggling remain passive and the DM should keep a note about such things and keep them as passive influences and relying on DM rulings at certain moments.

I think +1/+1 Naval is fine and that the smuggling and lucky should be passive things and kept for certain things when the DM things they are appropriate or fun to insert.
I'd like if Cream would keep those 2 things on a note and use them sometimes as DM rulings.
Gives some flavor and like luck, unexpected!

So that would be my choise, be lucky and a +1/+1 naval thing. And leave the luck to the DM's rulings when I get lucky and in what kinda way. It gives ways for funny situations to arise as well. So if Cream goes OK with this. I'm be watching =]

Last edited:

Macbrea

First Post
My belief is that Wasp clan and Mantis clan should gain "First strike Ability" instead of the bonus to fighting in naval combats. Which shouldn't ever really happen.

First strike: When attacked their opponents do not get a surprise round.

This would better represent the training of Toturi had upon his troops and the fact that those troops expect the rest of the world to try and kill them.

Oh, my currently, point total is 142. 162 with my two artifacts. I think I am suppose to be at 150 + two artifacts. I am wondering if this is a legal claim.

The Shosuro Geisha Houses (Geisha/assassins) 8 PL 8 IR
Rules: The Shosuro Geisha House are in every city or town over a PL 4. At the start of each turn they make a random attack somewhere in rokugan on NPCs unless ordered not to. They can be combatted if someone takes the time to attack them with an NPC. Combats with the organization as a whole only last 1 round. The Geisha house will attack its attacker at this time. Only when the complete house has been destroyed does this entity not exist. They can attempt to attack it next turn if they wish.

Oh, by the way, its target for the turn is at random. I have no choice in actually who it attacks. This is to represent the fact that sometimes Scorpion clan members take attacks of oppurtunity that don't actually help the clan. My orders to stop it only last one round, then it goes back to business as usual.

Last edited:

AvarielAvenger

First Post
Macbrea said:
My belief is that Wasp clan and Mantis clan should gain "First strike Ability" instead of the bonus to fighting in naval combats. Which shouldn't ever really happen.

First strike: When attacked their opponents do not get a surprise round.

This would better represent the training of Toturi had upon his troops and the fact that those troops expect the rest of the world to try and kill them.

The problem with that ability is it negates the Crane Clans special bonus, which is a bad thing. No Clan ability should completely override another clans ability.

Oh, my currently, point total is 142. 162 with my two artifacts. I think I am suppose to be at 150 + two artifacts. I am wondering if this is a legal claim.

The Shosuro Geisha Houses (Geisha/assassins) 8 PL 8 IR
Rules: The Shosuro Geisha House are in every city or town over a PL 4. At the start of each turn they make a random attack somewhere in rokugan on NPCs unless ordered not to. They can be combatted if someone takes the time to attack them with an NPC. Combats with the organization as a whole only last 1 round. The Geisha house will attack its attacker at this time. Only when the complete house has been destroyed does this entity not exist. They can attempt to attack it next turn if they wish.

Good thing all Dragon Clan NPCs are celibate. ;) Man, what is it with you and the charming assassins? First that acting troop, now this. Why can't we have some good ol fashioned "stalks silently in the night" NPC assassin groups? ;)

Oh, by the way, its target for the turn is at random. I have no choice in actually who it attacks. This is to represent the fact that sometimes Scorpion clan members take attacks of oppurtunity that don't actually help the clan. My orders to stop it only last one round, then it goes back to business as usual.

Ergh. You may make a lot of enemies that way. Nice flavor, though. :)

TFO: I'll start working on the bonuses now, then.

First strike would also suggest that they always have a surprise round nomatter what.

Creamstake you can add the first strike thingy + lucky (if you agree) to the Wasp and the Naval(with speed if possible) + lucky to the Mantis as seperate things.

If you'd keep the First strike for Wasp only and the naval for Mantis it'd be balanced IMO. Since wasp are very small.

And the Centipede are 100% Shugenja, intesested in offering them a 20% discount for researching epic spells as well? :p:p:p:p
(har har :D)

Last edited:

Macbrea

First Post
Good thing all Dragon Clan NPCs are celibate. Man, what is it with you and the charming assassins? First that acting troop, now this. Why can't we have some good ol fashioned "stalks silently in the night" NPC assassin groups?

The way I determined what was good units and suppose to be in the flavor of Scorpion clan was I used to play Clanwar wargame and the CCG. The scorpion units that existed that had specific flavor were:

Crimson legion = Light armored samurai that made up most of scorpions samurai
Black Cabal = Heavy armored No-dachi weilding samurai with no fear of death
Shoshura Geisha = in the CCG they had the ability to slowly kill off people
Shoshura Acting troop = a group of ninja that moved about from city to city disguised as an acting troop. They snuck in and killed people during their acts. The acts were there mostly to distract people and entertain the populace.

You will notice I still have a family called Shoshura which is completely Ninja. That is the sneak in and kill you type family. As to it causing problems in the world and making enemies. That is the nature of being Clan Scorpion. People except alittle bit of random attacks from them using subterfuge. If my Geisha aren't even controlled really by me then they are much less of a fear then directed attacks.

I am setting up for the flavor of the clan. As to clan Dragon all being celebit, that is got to be a lie. How exactly does a family last thousands of years without having sex at all? I will believe that your monks are celebit. But your samurai are egnimatic and confusing to the rest of the world, but I am sure they like to enjoy themselves the same as the rest of the worlds bushi class.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads