• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IRR) The Rokugan Industrial Revolution (Thread II)

Macbrea

First Post
I am not sure Dragons should be quite that powerful though. They are a regular unit in clanwar. You could walk onto the field with "The Air dragon" and in all the L5R stuff they are very powerful but not that powerful.

Macbrea

First Post
Oh, i have a simple question. What is my cap suppose to be. Currently, I have been working with a 120 cap. I keep seeing numbers like 130,150, 170ish....... Am I missing something?

Macbrea

AvarielAvenger

First Post
The current total PL cap for all players is 130. This increases only if you win extra PL from the lottery. The lottery is how extra PL from people selecting Artifacts is distributed. The lottery exists so most, if not all, of the territory of Rokugan will be claimed by the time the game starts, I believe.

Xeriar

First Post
Macbrea said:
I am not sure Dragons should be quite that powerful though. They are a regular unit in clanwar. You could walk onto the field with "The Air dragon" and in all the L5R stuff they are very powerful but not that powerful.

It's generally considered that it does not represent their strength, but rather what they do to alter the strands of fate.

As they were meant to do, as they have to do, because they have no choice.

Macbrea

First Post
AvarielAvenger said:
The current total PL cap for all players is 130. This increases only if you win extra PL from the lottery. The lottery is how extra PL from people selecting Artifacts is distributed. The lottery exists so most, if not all, of the territory of Rokugan will be claimed by the time the game starts, I believe.

Ah, thank you I thought my brain was going to mush after reading through the entire thread and not quite sure why suddenly everyone was way up in power and I was way down.

Ok, that means I am 10 points short. So,

I, Macbrea, Claim the following. Besides my last changes.

Crimson Legion (Samurai) General:Bayushi Tetsubo PL 4 IR 6
Black Cabal(Samurai/heavy armor & no-daichi) General:Bayushi Mitsu PL 6 IR 8

Creamsteak

Explorer
TFO,

Actually, nobody has any bonus(plural) yet. Avarial doesn't have anything like that, except on his PC. PC and NPC bonus(plural) are always there, but they won't have anywhere near the affect that army bonuses have.

I only agreed that Avarial had a good idea that characters should submit a custom feat or something similar for consideration. I really havn't heard any fantastic ideas yet about how to handle the clan related variables, so I want any help I can get. However, as of right now the only +x/+x modifier I am even considering is the one for the Crab clan. And that's only against the shadowlands (to explain how 100 Pl of crabs have been holding back 300 PL of Oni for hundreds of years).

I hope that helps.

Heh I know, was reacting to his +15/+8 and his +6/+6 or something PC items. Which I find quite euhhh, you know what. And he uses their bonusses in a cumulative way as well *lol*

But any date we might be starting this game up? And I'll be submitting a little thing to you somewhere tomorrow (bed now), just a "tiny" thingy =]

THe thing I've mailed you about the 2 times, thought about it a bit and Just wanting to know if it can be done and if so what will be the PL worth of it, and I'm thinking of doing something that will put the possible use of it in your controll. You'll see tomorrow.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Well I'm confused at your post, but I guess I should expect your explanation to be fourthcoming in that email.

BTW,

I expect to start sometime in the next two weeks. I still would like to see if we can recruit any more people, but I might want to hold my breath on that.

Creamsteak

Explorer
TFO is right, I went back and looked at your post. Avarial, artifact character bonuses do not stack. You can make two artifacts, one with +6 for your PC in each category, and that would stack. Your PC bonus of +3/+3 stacks with your Artifact Bonus. So the best you could get in this case is +9/+9. That is until you create an Artifact of higher level.

Oh, and I'm updating the lists. PL caps have been redistributed as if we lost a player, because we are short on people. You should be able to see your new Cap now, on the lists. I also rolled a lottery of excess PL around, you can see the results in the lists.

Xeriar

First Post
creamsteak said:

Oh, and I'm updating the lists. PL caps have been redistributed as if we lost a player, because we are short on people. You should be able to see your new Cap now, on the lists. I also rolled a lottery of excess PL around, you can see the results in the lists.

Shouldn't my cap have gone up at all? I didn't get the first all-around cap increase (to 130, or 160 for me) and it didn't increase this time either...

?

Edit: Also, not all of the changes in my post are reflected in my sheet. What's going on?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads