• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC-OOC] Petition for Power!

Creamsteak

Explorer
There are a huge number of new games here at IC. More so than there have ever been before. I like this, it means we have become a much more popular forum. Before the 3rd IR, I only remember a few games existed, including Piratecat's Iconics game.

Well, YB once seperated from us, and has been quite successful. This forum, now looking "cluttered" (reference: Gnomeworks), could use some more help in organizing. What I propose is as follows: (The thread for the moderators to look at is in Meta, go ahead and post to it if you feel as adamant about this as I do!)

I would like to have a thread locked at the top of the IC forum that acts as a summary of the contents of all threads located inside. There are roughly 300 threads in the IC forum, and although most of them are retired, I'd say 50 are still semi-actively in use. The thread I propose would be a navigation thread.

The first post is a summary of the threads own contents:

This thread is used to help direct people, new and old, around the In Character Forum. Each post in this thread pertains to a specific game, and contains navigation links to all of the threads pertaining to that game. Each game only needs one post to this thread, all other posts pertaining to the same game will be deleted.

Following that would be something like this:

Poster: creamsteak
(LHHS) The Light Hearted Hack n' Slash Game (I)
(LHHS) The Light Hearted Hack n' Slash Game (II)

(LHHS) OOC Thread I
(LHHS) OOC Thread II
(LHHS) Characters and Creatures

The Light Hearted Hack n' Slash (LHHS) is a non-traditional DnD game based on a homebrew world of my own concoction. The game tries to focus on humor, sub-plots, cliche' characters, intertwined and impossibly complicated goals, and hacking bad guys to pieces. The open ended plots and intertwined motives keep the players interested, while maximizing thier individuality.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
I like this idea but it'd be a lot of trouble for the moderators to set up maybe they should just get someone to post the thread and then they can sticky it, and whoever it was that posts it has to look after it.

/me whistles innocently while looking away from creamsteak

Creamsteak

Explorer
After a better title for the thread is invented (we're trying real hard at chat.psionics.net/#ir) we will inform you. If you want me to keep the index of games clean, I'd have no problem doing so. I'm not sure if Piratecat or Darkness come around this forum much anymore, but 'back when' they were around I guess they did the thread closings and what-not: but they don't seem to come around but once every month now-a-days.

Edit: By thread closings, I'm not refering to closing threads because of content, but because the thread reached a certain number of posts; and the DM decided to open up a second thread. They would request the thread closed so that that thread wouldn't recieve a bunch of Garbled posts later on. It isn't practiced so much anymore because there's nobody to do it, and we only had a few games a year ago.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I think we want to name the top thread as some kind of Artifact... anyone know any good artifacts that's name can be twisted just a lil' to make for a good "Index" Title?

Creamsteak

Explorer
"The Index of Exalted Adventures"
"The Index of Exalted Quests"
"The Records of the Heroes of Enworld"
"The Index of Boccob"
"The Bardic Notes of Current Legends"
"Records of Candlekeep"
"Divine Index of True Arcana"
"The Book Vecna Doesn't Dare to Read"

Anyone like any of these? I'm starting to lose my creative edge to come up with a name.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads