I saved D&D (Humor)

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
So....I had been on the fence, but after much thought yesterday, I cancelled my D&D Beyond subscription.

I told them "I cancelled my sub because of their poor decision to try and "revoke" the OGL after years of mutual benefit to 3rd parties and WotC, and promises that it would remain open. I will not return until this issue is fixed"

The very next day, they capitulated and posted the news about the OGL and CC.

OBVIOUSLY, they saw my long association with D&D through every edition and said to themselves "OMG SkidAce is pissed, we done effed up!" and changed course.

It was a shame I needed to show my scorn, but you are all welcome.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Gus Fring Help GIF by Breaking Bad

Alby87

Adventurer
So....I had been on the fence, but after much thought yesterday, I cancelled my D&D Beyond subscription.

I told them "I cancelled my sub because of their poor decision to try and "revoke" the OGL after years of mutual benefit to 3rd parties and WotC, and promises that it would remain open. I will not return until this issue is fixed"

The very next day, they capitulated and posted the news about the OGL and CC.

OBVIOUSLY, they saw my long association with D&D through every edition and said to themselves "OMG SkidAce is pissed, we done effed up!" and changed course.

It was a shame I needed to show my scorn, but you are all welcome.
No, truth to be told. Today is my birthday, and at WotC they said "How we can improve this random dude's birthday? I know!" and so the 5.1 SRD was released in CC and 1.0a saved.

No need to thanks, I only did my job. (Flies away)

Retreater

Legend
I took the OGL survey, providing well thought out answers and everything. I believe it took me over an hour. I clicked "Submit" and the news hit about 30 minutes later.
I know they were waiting to see what I personally thought of v1.2.
Glad I did my part. ;)

Remove ads