Hurakan tribe of Sairundani

Status
Not open for further replies.

orsal

LEW Judge
Looks could in principle, but one technical detail. You use the words clan and tribe interchangeably. Implicitly, this would establish that the two words in the context of the Sairundani are synonymous. Typically, a clan is a smaller unit than a tribe, intermediate between an extended family and a tribe.

Have we established all the levels of Sairundani social and genealogical organization? If it is confirmed that there is only one level of division between the family and the whole of the Sairundani culture, then conflating two different words for it poses no problem. But if there might be more -- even if we have yet to detail that aspect of the culture -- then we should reserve the words for different units. I'd suggest editing the proposal to use one word or the other consistently.

Knight Otu

First Post
I noticed that myself, but considered it minor enough that it could be edited when posting it to the Approved Content thread. The correct* term would be tribe. The only time I used clan was when I said that the Sairundani don't use clan names.

*read - the one I have used. ;)

orsal

LEW Judge
OK, so with the stipulation that "clan" should be read as "tribe" everywhere, I vote Yes to this proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads