• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Humor, LotR) Hilarious! Russian dialogue translations. Taken from bootlegs.

Go here:

www.theonering.net

then scroll down to today's (4-27-02) news. Should be easy to find

A sample (now my new sig):

Galadriel: "He went to the kingdom of shadows, but adventure continues! Make one wrong step and you will be lost in this world forever. Welcome Frodo. LOOK INTO MY EYES, FRODO!"

Patrick Y.

Last edited:

Cyronax

Explorer
Bilbo's voiceover advice to travellers (seems to be heartfelt): "If you aren't steady on your legs, something can knock you off and drag away …

That's pretty good advice.....:p

I can't believe how bad that translation is!! Another really badly translated movie is Rush Hour 2. I have a VCD of it with a voice over in Mandarin, and out of the many, many VCD voiceovers I've seen, nothing's funnier than hearing some Chinese guy try to make sense out of Chris Tucker's lines in that movie.

Too lazy to track down that script,
C.I.D.

Berandor

lunatic
The translation doesn't need to be THAT bad. The translation back into English can be misleading, as well.

KoDT once had a feature that showed the German translation of a strip, and the re-translation.
The German translation was totally fine, and nearly flawless (flaws only in style, not content) - but the English translation was word-by-word, which made it totally bogus.

The same might have happened here.

Berandor

Zappo

Explorer
Berandor said:
The translation doesn't need to be THAT bad. The translation back into English can be misleading, as well.

KoDT once had a feature that showed the German translation of a strip, and the re-translation.
The German translation was totally fine, and nearly flawless (flaws only in style, not content) - but the English translation was word-by-word, which made it totally bogus.

The same might have happened here.
Could be, but the link is still funny! :D

Remove ads