• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E How many hours of 5e do you play per week?

How many hours of 5e do you play in an average week (as PC and DM combined)

GameOgre

Adventurer
We play one day a week on average right now for about 6-12 hours. This week it will be Wed at 8am-8pm. Now we normally stop for thirty minutes at mealtimes(pizza) and break as needed. Sometimes we stop early and occasionally we will play later(we once played till 4am the next morning) but in general we play 6-12 hours.

Right now we consider this a slow time for gaming. We used to meet twice a week with another 4-6 hour game session as well but of late with pregnancies and strange work times we cut it back.

Our entire game group consists of our family and close friends. I gamed with my kids as they were growing up and their friends ect.. so now that they are all grown up it's just what we do.

To be honest we love holidays because Thanksgiving and others is not only great food but great gaming. Christmas is just awesome with days and days of pure family quality time while throwing dice.

Last edited:

I voted 1-2 hrs, our group meets monthly for 5-6 hrs.

Same here. Once in a while we might be able to play twice in one month, but for the past 10-15 years, 5-6 hour sessions once per month have been our standard. Back in school I'd play much more often (daily, even), but the current rhythm sits pretty well with me.

kbrakke

First Post
I am blessed in that I have multiple groups that meet regularly, and everyone who I have introduced to D&D has enjoyed it enough to want a more regular game. Overall it makes for about 12 hours a week, with 8 of it being very regular between Wednesday Encounters for four hours at my LGS and a Thursday homegame for 4 hours. The weekend is usually one D&D game from the many monthly groups for about 4 hours and one weekly pathfinder game for another 4 hours. But I won't be counting pathfinder in our D&D survey.

The most unexpected group I have is my parents, who I DMed for twice during Christmas. They liked it enough that I am planning a new adventure for each time I see them. It helps that they both watch Game of Thrones. My mom decided to make her character just like Arya Stark, and my dad who normally has an aversion to fantasy is enjoying playing a mage-hating barbarian who tackles problems with wits and physical might rather than spells.

We get to gather every Tuesday from 6-11 and 1 Saturday out of the month from 730-1 But I put down about 4hrs a week... Becuse eating and b.s. time is et@ing up alot

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I play each Monday evening for about 3 hours. I have a game tonight as a matter of fact that I just prepped for.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads