• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How long till the Board of Hasbro and Shareholders Get Invovled in this?

If millions of dollars of reliable income increasingly vanishes from D&D Beyond and other areas, and new players dry up and more lawsuits threats keep hitting their legal department and the humiliation keeps hitting Hasbro and stock prices eventually dive, how long before investors and the board of Hasbro get involved?

What could the fallout of this be? Could WotC President or even CEO Chris Cocks lose their jobs? Could WotC also get spun out like rumours suggest might happen to ABC/ESPN being spun out by Disney?

Could even some members of the board be at risk?

Could the D&D studio snap leading to mass resignations?

The board probably are already involved, and i suspect they signed off on the whole new OGL plan before it happened. They'll not just need to be involved, they'll need to reverse course, which is harder and slower to do.

I don't think the shareholders will have much to say outside the regular reporting schedule. Remember that Hasbro's biggest single shareholder only owns I think 11% of stock. Ownership is very diluted, which means there's no single major shareholder who can call up the CEO and demand to be listened to, and assembling a majority of shareholders is a difficult and time-consuming process involving negotiation between many different parties, for most of whom Hasbro is a tiny line-item on their balance sheets. The AGM will probably be ... interesting ... this year, but if you're looking for a shareholder intervention right now to tell Hasbro what to do, it's unlikely to happen.

Remove ads