• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Name a Character...

Jack Haggerty

First Post
I'm building a Star Wars character, and am drawing a complete blank when it comes to his name.

He's from an alien species known as the Xexto which look something like this. He is a big game hunter and a four-fisted gunslinger of sorts. He has the personality of those turn of the century British Gentlemen adventurers... You know, those guys who went tromping around Africa and India in pith helmets shooting lions and tigers and elephants and whatnot.

His podracing cousin from Episode I is named "Gasgano", but I can't think of what I should call him.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

1StrangeFellow

First Post
Go to an online Star Wars random name generator - there are several out there and they should be easy to find if you search. Type in random names or words in various combinations until you get a result that pleases you. I wound up naming an entire cast of NPCs this way and got some very SW-ish results.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Sugfuglio isn't too bad...

1StrangeFellow said:
Go to an online Star Wars random name generator - there are several out there and they should be easy to find if you search. Type in random names or words in various combinations until you get a result that pleases you. I wound up naming an entire cast of NPCs this way and got some very SW-ish results.

Eh... I looked, and they all use the same formula:

(First three letters of your first name) + (First two letters of your last name) = First Name.
(First two letters of your mother's maiden name) + (First three letters of the town of your birth) = Last Name.

Last edited:

1StrangeFellow

First Post
Just because they ask you to put in your first name, last name, etc into those slots doesn't mean you have to enter that information. I used all manner of words and phrases in place of the first name/last name formula on the generators and got plenty of acceptable results that I wouldn't have come up with on my own. Some were bad, but many were good. I threw out maybe 40%, changed around some things on another 20%, but got a truly random and unique set of names for my campaign.

If I used the requested information to fill out those slots, I would get the same result over and over: Sinje Gawa. However, using various other name and word combinations I named an entire starship crew, a family of Hutts, and a dozen other NPCs. Everything from the Star Wars silly-sounding Thawoo Bagoo to Torgru the Hutt to Dr. Benica Wollit. Towards the end as I was getting tired I was even filling in the blanks with things like "Just", "Onemore", "Character", "ToName" and with a cut here or a switch of a vowel or consonant still getting decent names.

Last edited:

Jack Haggerty

First Post
1StrangeFellow said:
Just because they ask you to put in your first name, last name, etc into those slots doesn't mean you have to enter that information... ...Towards the end as I was getting tired I was even filling in the blanks with things like "Just", "Onemore", "Character", "ToName" and with a cut here or a switch of a vowel or consonant still getting decent names.

Yeah, I know... It just gets hard for me to use a random name generator once I know the formula, because then I start thinkning too hard about what I'm plugging in. I'll try it again.

Related to Sugfuglio, I could use... "Seraglio".

Remove ads