• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me find a map to noble's estate

Figured I'd query the EN World masses, I'm looking for a decent map(s) to use for a session coming up. I need a map that can pass as a noble family's estate - exterior and interior would be great, but either is fine. This will be for a drow noble house in the Underdark, but I've gotten used to tweaking above-ground maps for Underdark use. I'm totally open in layout. I just need it to be reasonable for a rather powerful noble house, and somewhere I need a spot to have a secret lab (separate building, dungeon, whatever).

No real restrictions on where the maps are from. I have a decent number of 3rd party products (and don't mind picking up a cheap module even just for the map), but if it's free online or in a WotC product or Dungeon/Dragon mags, that's a bonus cuz I probably already have it. I've been looking through them some, but there's a lot to go through and nothing has jumped out at me yet.

Thanks in advance!!

der_kluge

Adventurer

Woas

First Post

Phlebas

First Post
I've been to Orford a couple of times, its a standard defensive castle rather than a nobles dwelling. unless your noble is on a border at the time of war then it doesn't really make sense to go for a fortress - plus its small (though you could just scale up like most fantasy castles)

Personally i'd surf for a stately home as its more of a substantial size - easy enough to put a wall around if you need it

places i've seen that would work for nobles

Hardwick Hall (old and new)
Wollaton Hall
Belvoir Castle
Bolsover castle (a true fantasy castle!)

happy googling!

Steel_Wind

Legend
Castle Menzies (pronounced Mingus, long story) is an impressive 5 level castle, fusing fort/castle with elements of noble manor style. The exterior emphasis is - for the most part - still fortress in styling.

There are a bazillion images of this one. You can work out your own map.

We used elements of this castle to make our TNO tileset bundled with Wyvern Crown of Cormyr for BioWare.

castle_menzies2.jpg

Google it.

Remove ads