• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Build Cleric of Healing...

Hof

Explorer
If your DM allows PHB 2, check out the cleric alternative class feature 'Spontaneous Domain Casting' on page 37. It lets you choose one of your domains and instead of converting spells to cure spells of equal level, you can now convert to the domain spell of the selected domain of the same spell level.

Now choose the healing domain. It may look silly at first, but when you start casting Heals and Mass Heals at higher levels without having to memorize them, you'll be a lot happier for it. And you can still memorize those mass cures X for level 7 and 8 should you want to - even in your domain slot.
I'm not sure if you could convert a higher level slot to a lower level spell, but being able to pump out even more Heals with your 7th and 8th level spell slots can be quite handy.

I understand being able to heal multiple people at once seems better, even if the hp's healed per target are less. But when you see all the conditions Heal and its mass version remove I think you too will be conviced of its superior nature.

Remove ads