• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hello, I am lawyer with a PSA: almost everyone is wrong about the OGL and SRD. Clearing up confusion.

The SRD is something you attach to the OGL to put your gameing content into the ORC pool.

So there'd be Paizo SRDs, GR SRDs, Kobold SRDs, etc all under the one ORC.

Proving once and for all the Orcs are actually Chaotic Good.
I'm so tempted to continue the metaphor to its logical conclusion, but instead I'll just let everyone be excited.

Xyxox

Hero
The SRD is something you attach to the OGL to put your gameing content into the ORC pool.

So there'd be Paizo SRDs, GR SRDs, Kobold SRDs, etc all under the one ORC.

Proving once and for all the Orcs are actually Chaotic Good.
I'm going to write a setting that has Orcs as the primary world race under PathFinder's SRD once they release it under ORC. I can hardly wait until ORCtober for all the OpenRPG deals that month!

Enrahim2

Adventurer
Yeah, I was being more than a little facetious. I do wish a real "replacement SRD" would emerge, but I think it's a real longshot for a lot of reasons.
If paizo manage to assertain their current PF2 OGL material do not contain any OGC they don't directly own, and release that into the new open platform, you have something completely blowing wizard's SRD out of the water in terms of content made available. Under OGL people would prefer to use 5ed as the rules base rather than PF2 due to both being available, and 5ed having a larger customer base. In the new open content space PF2 would be the big fish, just as PF was back in the GSL days.

S'mon

Legend
If paizo manage to assertain their current PF2 OGL material do not contain any OGC they don't directly own, and release that into the new open platform, you have something completely blowing wizard's SRD out of the water in terms of content made available. Under OGL people would prefer to use 5ed as the rules base rather than PF2 due to both being available, and 5ed having a larger customer base. In the new open content space PF2 would be the big fish, just as PF was back in the GSL days.

Yeah, with the ORC I can see Pathfinder having the name recognition to become the top dog go to game, with D&D becoming more of a legacy product. We live in interesting times!

sigfried

Adventurer
I'm going to write a setting that has Orcs as the primary world race under PathFinder's SRD once they release it under ORC. I can hardly wait until ORCtober for all the OpenRPG deals that month!
My homebrew fantasy world is like that. Orcs are the planet's natives and humans have an extraterrestrial origin. The planet's diety had to curse humans with mortality to keep them from over-running the place, though it led to the invention of Necromancy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads