• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hamilton on Disney +

Yup, pretty delightful. I've heard the cast recording a dozen times, but seeing the scenes made some things land a lot more strongly.

Still a bit sad the tickets I bought to see the show this past April were for naught, but this was good. And I hope the current cast and crew are making ends meet while the theater industry is basically all furloughed.

I saw that cast (except for Burr, that night was the understudy) in NYC during the initial run. It was one of the best if not the best Broadway show I have seen.

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
Yup, pretty delightful. I've heard the cast recording a dozen times, but seeing the scenes made some things land a lot more strongly.

Still a bit sad the tickets I bought to see the show this past April were for naught, but this was good. And I hope the current cast and crew are making ends meet while the theater industry is basically all furloughed.

ugh , hopefully you got your 💰 back at least. I’ve heard the recording as well many times, agree on seeing it. I don’t imagine they were inexpensive...

I wasn’t aware that the King George numbers had a touch of comic relief to them on stage, his first song is menacing.

Burr, Angelica, Eliza (wow🤩), GW, pretty much everyone. The Philip parts really landed as opposed to just hearing it.

‘great unfinished symphony’ 😢 really stuck out to me as well at the end.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I saw the show when the touring company came to Boston, and have heard the soundtrack umpteen times. It was cool to do a watch party of it last night (online, bvecause hey, it is a streaming service), with one person who had zero exposure to the show before, and geting their impressions was cool.

A couple of the ahistorical bits bugged me more than on the first viewing, but that doesn't mean it isn't a top notch show.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
It's great to finally be able to see this. I've been listening to the soundtrack for a while now, but seeing the actual production with its incredibly talented cast was a whole new experience!

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
A couple of the ahistorical bits bugged me more than on the first viewing, but that doesn't mean it isn't a top notch show.

I had read a little bit about that, but it didn’t really bother me as it’s a musical and I assumed certain dramatic licenses were taken.

That being said, as a 🇨🇦 I’ve never been terribly interested in 🇺🇸 history and the show definitely made me interested in learning more about it!

Remove ads