• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-Ettin

The Iron Mark

First Post
On the site Black Falcon Aerie they have a template for Half-Ettin. What would the LA of it be? Being Half-Ettin adds 2 to the CR of a creature of you want to know.

SpikeyFreak

First Post
That really isn't a very well thought out template. Having 2 heads should affect a lot more than just allowing you to attack with 2 weapons.

Check out Two-Headed Mutant by Sean K Reynolds.

Its very well thought out and made by one of teh games designers, so it is more "official" than most 3rd party stuff.

--Shawn Spikey

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Thanks for the link. The Two-Headed Mutant is much better than the Half-Ettin.

Two-Headed Mutant is great :)

I sent Sean Reynolds an email telling him how much I liked it, with a couple of questions attached...

... but he never got back to me :(

-Hyp.

SpikeyFreak

First Post
Yeah, that template is really cool.

I love the two-headed mutant huge viper snake example. Now just add fiendish, axiomatic, half-dragon and vampire to the front, and you have your self a handfull.

--Two headed Mutant, Half-Dragon, Fiendish, Dire Spikey Vampire

Grendel

First Post
yeah but you can't have a two headed mutant beholder, but you can have a half-ettin beholder. though I shudder to think.

NOTE: two headed mutant template is pretty cool, found one error. 2hd ogre and 2hd giant are large creatures but listed wielding two huge weapons. should be large weapons.
For anyone who plans on using one of those creatures, like me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads