• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

H1...pregens or not?

EvolutionKB

First Post
H1...since it comes out before the core books, does it have pregens? I have not seen any mention thereof...and it is supposed to go from levels 1-3, how would that work with pregens?

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Yup there are going to be pregenerated characters. As for going from 1-3 they will probably give the base rules and then what powers/abilities/feats you get at the following levels. That or, they tell you at level 2, Rheagar is given this power, etc.

eleran

First Post
heres what Mearls sent to me;

mearls said:
WotC Mearls
D&D Designer

Re: H1 question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!

Yes, H1 will come with a party of five pre-generated characters. There will be enough rules in the adventure to go up to level 3. It's meant as an intro product for people who already play D&D.

- Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleran
I know you are all really busy. I was just wondering if H1, Keep on the Shadowfell, will come with pregen characters or will players make their own characters?

Thanx for all your hard work. Cant wait to see what 4e has in store for us.

Friend to norkers, ally to qullans, champion of Fiend Folio 1e
"Mike Mearls = Gary Gygax on steroids...those poor hapless and unsuspecting players..." - nastynate, CO Boards

Insight

Adventurer
The advancement will be limited to what's included in the adventure, which I can't imagine will be much. Probably one or two choices at each level for each character. Remember, the adventure is limited to a certain page count, and they aren't going to be giving away the farm in terms of what will be in the PHB.

Remove ads