• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GO:H] A Game of Opposites: Heroes OOC (Villains: Stay out)

Timothy

First Post
Jemal said:
K, characters done except for name and 1 language.
And I decided "Screw the monk" b/c it was getting too complicated, so I'm just going pure PHB/DMG/MM/Quint Fighter.
Half-Celestial Draconic Male Human Fgtr/Pal/Living Blade.

Hmm, this sounds a lot more complicated!

Finally - we're using the Erata right? Well I don't have access to it, so could someone tell me if there's any errata on my stuff? (Specifically right now I'ld like to know about the Absorbing Shield from DMG... It seems fairly powerful. Current DMG stats:

(Damn.. Next high level fighter I make is going to specialize in Shield bashes and get a bunch of them.. hehe..)

I don't know if their is errata on this, I'll check.

Sorry I haven't posted, my connection was down.

maddmic

Explorer
Zhure said:
You can always spend 2 skill points for a bonus language. Or get a +2 headband of intellect for dirt cheap.

Greg

Well, I don't have the skill points to spend on it. I only started w/ 12 at first level for the barbarian and 15 for the 15 levels in Cleric. As far as the +2 circlet is concerned, it wouldn't help me too much. It would give me a 10 int. In addition, I already have a circlet on his head, so I'd have to get rid of that one and I really do't want to.

Zhure

First Post
maddmic said:

Well, I don't have the skill points to spend on it. I only started w/ 12 at first level for the barbarian and 15 for the 15 levels in Cleric. As far as the +2 circlet is concerned, it wouldn't help me too much. It would give me a 10 int. In addition, I already have a circlet on his head, so I'd have to get rid of that one and I really do't want to.

Well, the +2 INT would give you 4 more skill points at first level and one more per level for levels 2-16 (19 more total), AND a bonus language. Just something to consider.

Jemal

Adventurer
Maddmic: Adding powers to things has been approved by Timothy, so adding +2 Int to your circlet would cost 4,000GP (to be added to your current headgear) and would give you an extra 19 skill points total. A +4 (Which would give you the bonus language as well as an additional 38 skill points) would cost 32,000 GP added to your current headgear.

Zhure: True, he'ld get the extra skill points (As noted above), but his Int raising to 10 wouldn't give him a bonus language.. You get a bonus language for every +1 Modifier, you don't get any below a 12 int.

Anyways, it's up to mic..
But If we've got a spellcaster who's willing to take Message as a spell, we're good anyways, and don't 'need' a common language unless they dispel us... Course I'ld expect half them to have celestial too.. some b/c it's an obvious choice for good characters to use for co-ordination, and the rest b/c they're evil no-gooders who're spying on this thread.

EDIT:
Timothy: Yes, my character "Fgtr/Pal/Living Blade" does sound more complicated than "monk", but to me making a fighter is second nature.. If I was a D&D race, it would be my favoured class... That or Sorceror.. or Cleric... In that order.

Last edited:

Timothy

First Post
I think, that if Maddmic doesn't feel it's what his character would do, then he shouldn't. and an intelligent sword is as good a translator as any.

Zhure

First Post
- You're right about the INT not adding a language. Simple error on my part.

- Sorry, wasn't implying that the character *had* to add celestial as a language, just offering ideas for input. :)

Greg

Zhure

First Post
oops. Don't forget I've got "Rary's Telepathic Bond," too. It'll be an awesome tactical radio unless we get dispelled.

Greg

maddmic

Explorer
Ohhhhhhhh, ok. The way we play in our face to face game is a bit different. I believe that according to the rules (And I'm not 100% sure so let me know if I'm wrong.) the only atribute that can be raised and is retro-active to first level is CON. From what I understand if I increase my INT, then I get the skill points from that point on and not all the way back to first level. But that may just be one of our house rules. If I am mistaken, can you explain? That may be something that I do look into if this is the case. Thanks! :)

Zhure

First Post
No, you're correct, but it depends on when you gain the INT-raise as to exactly how many skill points you gain.

Greg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads