• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Glass; Aluminum Can; Plastic - How do you like your soda/beer?

I'll drink soda out of pretty much any container--I'm really not that picky. Don't drink it every day but when I do it needn't be out of glass/aluminum/plastic either way.

Like many of the other posters, however, an aluminum or nickel alloy can imparts a metallic taste to the beverage inside. Glass is more inert and doesn't do this. I personally don't have the taste buds to differentiate between glass and plastic--they're pretty much equivalent to my palate.

I don't drink beer, but here in Hawaii we are close enough to the Philippines that every once in a while I am able to pick up a six-pack of imported coke in glass bottles made with cane sugar. Hands down, this by far and away the best tasting soda. My husband works for a soda manufacturer here on island and judging by some of his work stories, the plant here wishes they could afford to mass produce glass-containered soda made with cane sugar. Cane sugar's no longer a major agricultural product here in Hawaii (though it used to be), so everything that the soda plant bottles now is put into either plastic or a can. Incidentally, it turns out that cans are WAY cheaper than the plastic slips used to make bottles. I was also surprised to hear that the company uses the same size/density plastic slip to make all their plastic bottles, from 2 liters all the way down to 16 oz soda containers. This is why a 2 liter bottle feels much thinner than a 16 oz bottle.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I prefer fountain soda to anything bottled or canned. I can only drink beer on tap in a pint glass, even if it's just a Bud.

AnonymousOne

First Post
werk said:
Put em on the glass!

I prefer good beer tapped in the proper glass, but a bottle will do in a pinch.

s_pint-of-beer.jpg
Truly you know how to treat a good beer.

buzzard

First Post
Got a kegerator this year, so pretty much all the beer I drink is in glasses poured from a tap.

Rough life eh?

buzzard

ssampier

First Post
werk said:
Put em on the glass!

I prefer good beer tapped in the proper glass, but a bottle will do in a pinch.

s_pint-of-beer.jpg

Ah beer out of the tap; don't have that very often. Most places only have my choice beer in bottles.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Beer out of the tap, of course. They call them "pressure beer" (bière pression) here in France.

If not, glass bottle. Good beer shound't be put in a can :D

For soda... I don't like sodas, so I don't mind :)

Bront

The man with the probe
For pop, it's Cans, or poured into a glass. Bottles don't keep them cold long enough.

For beer, not sure. Only had 1 in a plastic bottle, and it didn't thrill me.

Remove ads