• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xael

First Post
Bront said:
So, he'd buy horses, run them to death, and then animate them? :uhoh:

No, he'd look for either already dead or to-be-butchered horses. He's not that bad. ;)

Now, his enemies are a different matter entirely...

Velmont

First Post
Bront said:
So, he'd buy horses, run them to death, and then animate them? :uhoh:

That's nice, you buy a horse and you have something to carry your gear around AND you have a nice horse steak for a whole bunch of people.

azmodean

First Post
The thing to remember about using an undead mount (even for pulling a carriage) is that if the passenger's aren't undead, they still get fatigued as normal. So no having your skeletal horses run all day, because you can't take it for more than a minute without starting to take penalties and such. That is, unless you're a lich... (My home party is rapidly converting to all undead)

Xael

First Post
azmodean said:
The thing to remember about using an undead mount (even for pulling a carriage) is that if the passenger's aren't undead, they still get fatigued as normal. So no having your skeletal horses run all day, because you can't take it for more than a minute without starting to take penalties and such. That is, unless you're a lich... (My home party is rapidly converting to all undead)

Really? I don't think the forced march etc. rules apply when you're riding a carriage.

But Almayce is a wannabe-lich. :D

Knight Otu

First Post
azmodean said:
Or taking shifts. :p Though I'm not sure how people would react to an undead-powered carriage...

Bront said:
..., but the text in some places in Item creation are worded to hint at it differently.
I thought we had caught all those instances. Thanks for pointing out that one!

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Bront said:
We should standardize it though, so we don't have the above problem (Or worse).
confession - As a DM I generally have travel take as long as it needs to for any plans I have for the journey. :eek: While I see the flaw in this, and acknowlege it as a personal failing, I don't actually think its a big deal. We've already established that time is completely variable between different adventures, so why worry? ;)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Xael said:
Really? I don't think the forced march etc. rules apply when you're riding a carriage.

But Almayce is a wannabe-lich. :D

I am skeptical as well. while steering a carriage drawn by horses running flat out may be more tiring than driving them at a sedate pace, theres no logical reason to make it as exausting as running flat out yourself.

Xael

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Though I'm not sure how people would react to an undead-powered carriage...

With awe? ;) Well, maybe not, but I would think that your average commoner wouldn't want to get too close. Hyragians, Paladins and other possible vandals are another matter entirely... :D

Knight Otu

First Post
Xael said:
With awe? ;) Well, maybe not, but I would think that your average commoner wouldn't want to get too close. Hyragians, Paladins and other possible vandals are another matter entirely... :D
Yeah, those meddling paladins... I suspect they won't be a fan of Ashnar, either...:uhoh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads