• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E GenCon - 4e News.

JDragon

Explorer
From the front page....
"The Castle Ravenloft adventure will debut a new style of reference material to handle tactical combat play for DMs to use and is more of a test to see how fans like it for possible future use." & " Expedition to the Demonweb Pits will also feature the new tactical combat system for DMs."

Bold Mine.

So anyone have any idea or know if more was mentioned about this "tactical combat play" that was mentioned in refrence to these tow adventures?

Thanks

JDragon

BTW - my 2 cents on 4E. When 3rd came out I was ready for it and embraced it completely. For 4E I think I will have to wait and see what they do before I decide. For me like others have said I have what I need to play a game I enjoy for a long time to come. So at this point the whole 4E thing is whatever. :p

A'koss

Explorer
JDragon said:
From the front page....
"The Castle Ravenloft adventure will debut a new style of reference material to handle tactical combat play for DMs to use and is more of a test to see how fans like it for possible future use." & " Expedition to the Demonweb Pits will also feature the new tactical combat system for DMs."
WotC had an example up not too long ago showing off the new layout style they're trying for adventures. Having elavent information where you need it seemed to be their goal. I'm sure someone out there will be able to find a link to it...

Remove ads