• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forum Subscriptions?

Wicht

Hero
Well a while ago I subscribed to Fight Club to see what it would do and now when I click on my user cp I have a link from that page to fight club. I am not sure what the benefit of that is supposed to be...

Holy Bovine

First Post
I have no real information I just like to post

Well I've subscibed to two forums (MEta and General). So far all it does is provide links to those forums from your 'user cp' . But there is also a line at the bottom of the list that says 'there have been 0 new posts in the last 0 days for these forums'. Fiddled around with a pull down menu for a longer period of time (last 20 days) and promptly got logged out :mad:

Still not sure what its supposed to do (as I said in my header and you shouldn't even have had to read this far):p

pensiv

Explorer
Subscription to threads or forums is meant to provide a concise, personalized list of topics that are important to you. The subscription will show you at a glance what would normally take much navigating through the boards.

and that is the long and short of it.

graydoom

First Post
Makes sense... but I don't think I'll have all that much use for it. I've changed the way the forum displays for me so that it shows which threads I've already visited, so I know when a thread is new, and I'm good at remembering what I've posted in.

Guess it's worth a try to subscribe, though. Can't hurt.

Wicht

Hero
graydoom said:
I've changed the way the forum displays for me so that it shows which threads I've already visited, so I know when a thread is new, and I'm good at remembering what I've posted in.

How did you do this - its bugging me that its not marking which threads I have read already.

graydoom

First Post
How I did is a long story. I wasn't able to find any way to do it by changing options or whatnot, so I had to use the Proxomitron. The Proxomitron is a great little program that filters out thing like banner ads, intrusive javascript, and pop-ups. You can also add custom filters to it, and I added in a filter that changed the Style Sheet that the forum pages use.

I don't know of any other way to do it. If you decide to download Proxomitron, I could help you set up a filter that would do what you want.

Last edited:

Remove ads