Fort Knocks - knight otu judging

Boddynock

First Post
Brother Eusebius, human monk 1

Brother Eusebius picks his way between the others to ride alongside the black warpony. "Greetings, Rurik. Pax vobiscum. My name is Eusebius. I am a Brother of the Flame of Purity. I, too, am a warrior - although I follow the way of the fist rather than the way of the axe. Still, a good weapon is a fine thing. I heard you say to Artax that you are also a smith. Have you had experience in forging weapons such as a spiked chain? I would dearly love to acquire such a weapon. Are they difficult to make?"

"Kirin, I have heard some little about the Mortalists. As I understand it, you are unconvinced of the existence of the gods - is that correct? While I am convinced of the Lord Hyrag's presence in my life, I am sure that he would not be at all displeased with the other aspect of Mortalist philosophy of which I have heard - namely that we are, all of us, to make full use of our abilities and our opportunities to improve this world, so that we and all around us may benefit!"

(OOC: That's strange - my sig seems to have disappeared! Anybody else having trouble with this?)

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Kirin said:
The gnome blushes a little. "I wasn't exactly the picture of tact myself, Rurik. Those twisted souls shook me badly, and I tried too hard to get you all to face them on the terms that would have made me most effective - but then we wouldn't have been able to join forces with the other group. I might make the same sort of suggestions again, but I hope I'll be better at explaining myself."
"Arr - I wish ye success in yer studies - t'wernt a preference o' mine, either, ta fell transformed bein's in faver o' gettin' em back from tha taint o' Kroggoth, yer know, ta fight alongside."

After a while of riding, she says, "I did some research on what sort of magic could make a transformation like that against one's will and what magic exists to reverse such a thing. Most of it is beyond my abilities now, but I know what direction to look in, at least."
"I 'eard Tara say it were like a ritual, like unhallowin'. An' inn't but a few o' tha' clerics back 'ome what can e'en do tha like."

Boddynock said:
Brother Eusebius picks his way between the others to ride alongside the black warpony. "Greetings, Rurik. Pax vobiscum. My name is Eusebius. I am a Brother of the Flame of Purity. I, too, am a warrior - although I follow the way of the fist rather than the way of the axe. Still, a good weapon is a fine thing. I heard you say to Artax that you are also a smith. Have you had experience in forging weapons such as a spiked chain? I would dearly love to acquire such a weapon. Are they difficult to make?"
Rurik smiles at and listens to the monk until they ride up a small incline in the road, at which point Rurik must immediately seize the reins to avoid falling. When he rights himself, the smile returns, albeit a bit sheepish.

"Pax v'biscum to ye, as well. Aye, me clan're forgemen, ye 'eard right. I am the youngest, 'owever, me father Hrynnar sure an' could make ye this weapon, I reck'n.

In fact, my duty to clan be ta record tha weapon choices o' those I ride wi'. At our first camp, I'll get started wi' tha describin' o' yer chain wi' spikes.
"

Someone

Adventurer
"You two sound like if you´ve seen a lot of things" says Nodis, interrupting the conversation between Rurik and Kirin.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
dpdx said:
"I 'eard Tara say it were like a ritual, like unhallowin'. An' inn't but a few o' tha' clerics back 'ome what can e'en do tha like."

Kirin nods. "Its possible for a spellcaster of greater power to impart both the knowlege and the power of a spell into a scroll, to be activated later, even by a caster of lesser power. Its not without risk..." She casts for an analogy, "like if an inexpereinced smith tried to use a master's forge and burnt himself from not knowing how to work in that much heat. But I've been aquiring a few such scrolls for emergencies."

"You two sound like if you´ve seen a lot of things" says Nodis, interrupting the conversation between Rurik and Kirin.

The gnome smiles, but a little sadly. "I think you'll find that when you embark on this sort of life, you see a lot of things very quickly. I imagine that I've only seen a fraction of both the wonders and horrors of this world, and there is plenty left that would suprize us both."

Brother Eusebius said:
"Kirin, I have heard some little about the Mortalists. As I understand it, you are unconvinced of the existence of the gods - is that correct? While I am convinced of the Lord Hyrag's presence in my life, I am sure that he would not be at all displeased with the other aspect of Mortalist philosophy of which I have heard - namely that we are, all of us, to make full use of our abilities and our opportunities to improve this world, so that we and all around us may benefit!"

"Well, on the subject of gods, some are unconvinced of their existance, some convinced of their non existance, and others think that they are out there but make no direct impact on our lives. One of my teaches used to say that if you put three mortalists together, you will get five opinions.... But those other aspects are in many ways the important ones - that we mortals are responsible for making the world into the one we want to live in through our actions. If Hyrag's presence in your life inspires you to act, rather than giving you an excuse to pass the burdens on, I think its a good thing." She gives him a sidelong grin. "Though if you go looking for conversation at the hospice, you will find those more interested in a good argument than me. Don't take offense at them though, I think they mostly enjoy the mental exercise."

azmodean

First Post
Kirin said:
But those other aspects are in many ways the important ones - that we mortals are responsible for making the world into the one we want to live in through our actions.

"Aye, that is what convinced me that Mortalism was the path for me. I have heard my fill of, 'if it is the will of...' and 'all praise is due to...'. Wether there are gods or not, we mortals make the decisions and do the deeds."

"But as Kirin says, this is a time for walking, not preaching." (Artax is leading his mule on foot)

(OOC: about the sig, the default setting is for sigs to appear only once on a given page. I thought you could change it, but I can't find a way to do so. Also Kahuna, I can't read or type your character's name without thinking, "mmmm... good beer".)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
From RedOak -

The morning after the final battle with the renegade Whoresons, Cedric guides Rainca to a small town several miles east of Bluerun. The town is abandoned, recently it seems, and the Hoar Suns have made themselves comfortable in the town square awaiting the barbarian woman. They stand as she approaches, and Rainca sees that Cedric had not been lying about stopping the renegades from taking the better equiptment. There are three fine horses atching the one he rode, and most of the Hoar Suns here have swords or good bows and leather armor. There are both men and women in the group, about 20 warriors all told.

Andrew is Standing with Susan and a young man bearing a flail. "Rainca, warrior woman, we are honored to greet you," Andrew says with a wide smile. "The Hoar Suns are ready and eager to begin training and traveling. You've met Cedric already, and this is Skeeter, our best horseman."

Boddynock

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
From RedOak -

The morning after the final battle with the renegade Whoresons, Cedric guides Rainca to a small town several miles east of Bluerun. The town is abandoned, recently it seems, and the Hoar Suns have made themselves comfortable in the town square awaiting the barbarian woman. They stand as she approaches, and Rainca sees that Cedric had not been lying about stopping the renegades from taking the better equiptment. There are three fine horses atching the one he rode, and most of the Hoar Suns here have swords or good bows and leather armor. There are both men and women in the group, about 20 warriors all told.

Andrew is Standing with Susan and a young man bearing a flail. "Rainca, warrior woman, we are honored to greet you," Andrew says with a wide smile. "The Hoar Suns are ready and eager to begin training and traveling. You've met Cedric already, and this is Skeeter, our best horseman."

Huh? :confused:

(My guess is that you really didn't want to post that here.)

Knight Otu

First Post
(It is a post for a character that will be joining you, so it is correct in here.
Kahuna, to avoid confusion, you might want to put the posts for Sparky into [spoiler ] or [sblock ] tags, like
this
or [sblock]this.[/sblock]

And there is always the option for a small thread for Sparky until the groups meet. :))

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Knight Otu said:
(It is a post for a character that will be joining you, so it is correct in here.
Kahuna, to avoid confusion, you might want to put the posts for Sparky into [spoiler ] or [sblock ] tags, like
this
or [sblock]this.[/sblock]

And there is always the option for a small thread for Sparky until the groups meet. :))
Sorry, I should have been more clear. there are two characters coming from redoak and I wanted to give them a chance to converse with each other before they met up with the rest of the group. if its too confusing, I'll start another thread, but I didn't want to clutter the board.

kb

Remove ads