• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

First Published Module

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Just sitting around browsing my ye olde module collection and it suddenly occurred to me that I had no idea which module was first published by TSR. I started gaming in the late 70's, so my experience is primarily with 1e and later. Based on covers it looks like the Giant series is pretty old, as is C1 and S1. Any old grognard have this arcane knowledge?

Glyfair

Explorer
Philotomy Jurament said:
I think it was G1. (Unless you count the "Temple of the Frog" adventure in the Blackmoor supplement as a module, which I don't.)

However the first module, ever (by any publisher) was Palace of the Vampire Queen, produced by Wee Warriors and distributed by TSR.

Of course, as mentioned on the site linked to above, the first adventure was "Temple of the Frog" in Blackmoor.

I believe that Tegel Manor was the first module distributed outside of TSR.

Doug Sundseth

First Post
Glyfair said:
I believe that Tegel Manor was the first module distributed outside of TSR.

IIRC, the City State of the Invincible Overlord was out before Tegel Manor, though I could see an argument that it wasn't really a "module".

Glyfair

Explorer
Doug Sundseth said:
IIRC, the City State of the Invincible Overlord was out before Tegel Manor, though I could see an argument that it wasn't really a "module".

Judges Guild is sort of tricky since they released their early products initially as part of the "Judge's Guild Journal."

But yet, I don't count City State as a module.

Remove ads