• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fighting the Gray Tide (Miniature Painting)

Mad_Jack

Legend
I had to break out the superglue for a couple of them. They're resins, not tins, and the postal service wasn't very gentle with the box.

Edit - You can't really make out the last because of the reflected light, but it's Greymung with his throne and a base.

Ooh, shiny...

I largely defeated my own personal grey tide by suffering long-term unemployment and selling most of it off to cover bills... :p

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only Friendship.
140044978_10159000001849764_9097773740020285615_n.jpg

Mad_Jack

Legend
Nice - I like the galaxy look when it comes out really well...

I've been trying to find a mini with a robe and cloak that both have a lot of deep folds, so that I could do the galaxy look in all the shadows, yet paint the highlight parts as regular cloth, so that it looks like the figure has outer space inside them. Sort of like with this image I modified years ago (all the spaces used to be just black*)...

And yes, it was just as much of a <bleep> drawing all those stars in by hand as you imagine it was, lol.

MGibster

Legend
One of my goals is to tidy up my work area. This is my airbrush station and believe it not it's not as cluttered as it was a few weeks ago. In the upper right, you might notice some Tyranids which have been sitting there since 2000, there are some Space Marines in Terminator armor in the lower right, I posted photos of a few of them the other week, but there are about twenty Age of Sigmar Stormcast Eternals that used to be on this table but have been completed now. Once I finish all the loose miniatures here, I'll clean this spot up good and get all my airbrush paints better organized.

11D76F92-8F4C-404D-8DB2-A07E57DBFDE7.jpeg

Ryujin

Legend
If anyone is interested in adding to their army of unpainted minis to defeat, Ulisses Spiele has just released a bunch of new .STL files for 3D printing minis. Given that TORG is a multi-genre RPG that means there are everything from Primitive, to Fantasy, to Pulp Adventure, to Modern, to Horror, to.... .STL files available.

MGibster

Legend
Miniature Market is having a sale right now, and the new version of Hero Quest is $100. I held strong and didn't purchase anything. I might regret it in the future, but gotta fight the grey a bit.

MGibster

Legend
The fight continues. I can’t even remember what boxed set these are from. But I’m closer to a complete army for Age of Sigmar.

Attachments

• B53F4653-4D30-4362-8E88-4DA76F431537.jpeg
    B53F4653-4D30-4362-8E88-4DA76F431537.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 73

MGibster

Legend
I'm going to run a Fallout campaign so I pivoted my painting efforts towards the upcoming game. Those of you in your 30s and 40s might remember Frank Horrigan from Fallout 2. This is Mr. Horrigan from the Fallout: Wasteland Warfare table top skirmish game. Now that he's finished, I'm thinking about adding some more weathering, but I'm at that point where I'm afraid I might ruin the work I've already put in. Best to sleep on it and reconsider in the morning.

Frank Horrigan.JPG

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads