• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feats for a soulknife?

Plot-Device

First Post
Psionic Meditation
Psionic Weapon
Greater Psionic Weapon
Deep Impact
Improved Critical
Up The Walls
Power Attack
Cleave
Combat Expertise and it's ilk
Wounding Attack
Mental Leap
Two Weapon Fighting(and its ilk) or Exotic Weapon Profeciency Bastard Sword
Psionic Body (if you have a lot of psionic feats)

JonnyFive

First Post
eh forgot one thing, i dont want to use any feats where i loose my focus, as i already have psionic dodge and ghost atttack

RigaMortus2

First Post
Here is a cool build someone came up with on the WotC boards. I really like the concept and plan to use it at some point. It multiclasses the Soulknife with Totemist from Magic of Incarnum.

Name: Ghost Blade
Race: Duskling
Progression: SoulKnife 1/Totemist 2/SoulKnife 3/Totemist 3/Soulknife 2/Totemist 4/Soulknife 5
Build: Soulknife 11/Totemist 9
Melshaper: 9th
BAB: +14/+9/+4
Fort 9, Ref 13, Will 10

Feats:
1. Psycarnum Blade, (Weapon Focus[Mind Blade]), (Wild Talent)
3. Power Attack
6. Psionic Meditation
9. Leap Attack
11. (speed of thought)
12. Improved Essentia Capacity
15. Psionic Weapon
18. Double Chakra (totem)
Essentia: 10 (6 +1 Duskling +1 Psycarnum Blade +2 Bonus Essentia)
Soul Melds (5): Blink Shirt (totem) [4], Phase Cloak (shoulders) [0], Krenshar Mask [0], Three-fold Mask of the Chimera (crown) [1], Urskan Greaves (feet) [0]
Feats Invested: Psycarnum Blade [5].

Notable Abilities:
-If spends a move action for more than five feet Ghost Blade becomes ethereal (Phase Cloak).
-Gains extra move at the end of his round, but takes a -4 AC -4 to attack until end of following round.
-Able to teleport 50 at will as a move action (Blink Shirt)
-+4 to jump and Move Silently checks (Krenshar)
-5d6 insight bonus damage when hits w/ mind blade
-+2 mind blade with a +2 special abilities (+2 collision blade is good)
-Leap attack + bastard sword mind blade = 4:1 return on power attack
-+3d8 Psychic Strike

Favorite tactic: use charge action to get the effects of a leap attack, move action granted by Three-fold mask at the end to dimension door away.

Damage output on favorite tactic: (1d10 +5d6 Psycarnum Blade +2 Enhancmenet +5 Collision +1.5xSTR +4xPowerAttack)

JonnyFive

First Post
Magic of Incarnum is not an available source

Plot-Device said:
Psionic Meditation exists for a reason. If you don't want to lose focus you may as well remove XPH from the list of usable sources.

[sarcasim]goodie...[/sarcasim]

well thanks for the help anyway :p

RigaMortus2

First Post
If MoI isn't available, I'd maybe go full Soulknife and the Spring Attack route. OR you could do Power Attack + Leap Attack + Deep Impact (you'll need Psionic Weapon I beleive as a prereq). Use the Bastard Sword and Charge + Leap Attack and lose your focus for Deep Impact. You will get +4 PA damage per -1 to hit AND you'll be hitting a Touch AC.

I also like the Soulbow PrC if you are allowed to use Complete Psionics.

Drowbane

First Post
Greater weapon + spring attack...

JonnyFive said:
eh forgot one thing, i dont want to use any feats where i loose my focus, as i already have psionic dodge and ghost atttack

Yer kidding, right?

What can Psi-dodge and/or Ghost attack (where is that from?) offer that you'd turn down such options as adding 4d6 damage or hitting as a touch attack?!

irdeggman

First Post
Two weapon fighting (split mindblade to 2 short swords) - this increases the potential for the "special" damage that the mindblade enhancements do, albeit reducing the actual damage.

If you can convince your DM to allow Complete Warrior - Power Critical (+4 to confirmation of a critical hit) - reall handy for all those mind blade enhancements that require a successful critical hit to activate.

Improved Initiative. Can be handy to "charge up" (as in shape) your mindblade early - only recommend it because of the limitations on sources of feats. There aren't all that many feats in the sources you've listed that really emphasize the soulknife's abilities. Which is one of the reasons that Complete Psionic came out (other than monetary ones) - there are more feats for soulknives there.

Plot-Device

First Post
P.S. once you get Knife to the Soul, rejoice. Go find every magical beast you can, hit it once and choose to forsake it all for int damage. Good times. Purple Worms will flee from you at top speeds.

Remove ads