• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Favorite BG3 Build?

jgsugden

Legend
What is your one single most enjoyable BG3 build that you've played? Without being too spoilery, why?

Mine is a Duergar Open Hand Monk. I love the monk enhancements in BG3 and it has been fun to explore them. The high mobility and easy access to pushing has been a winner many times. There are some nice Battleaxes and Warhammers available in chapter one, too. I sampled a bunch before settling on one for a multi player run through, and this has been a solid winner for me.

MarkB

Legend
Strictly for in-combat fun:

Barbarian Berseker with
  • Tavern Brawler (add Strength modifier twice to unarmed, improvised or thrown weapon attacks)
  • Returning Pike +1
  • Ring of Flinging (+4 damage with thrown attacks)
  • Gloves of Uninhibited Kushigo (+1d4 damage with thrown or improvised weapons)
  • Caustic Band (+2 acid damage on weapon attacks)
Just so much accuracy and damage with throw attacks, and with Frenzy engaged an additional bonus action attack that can include picking up and throwing an opponent.

That's on Karlach. On my main character I've actually struggled with finding a build I like. I started out pure Paladin for the combo of front-line toughness and decent social skills, but I felt like I was under-utilising all his options in combat. Switched to Paladin/Warlock for awhile, then recently switched to straight Battle-master Fighter. Haven't been playing it long enough to decide whether I want to stick with it.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Warlock 4 (fey/tome), rogue 2, bard 4 (lore). As close as you can get to a one-man adventuring party and is compatible with just about every combination of race and background. I tend to favor gith for aesthetic (think a young Kate Mulgrew as the sexy gremlin from Gremlins 2) reasons and medium armor, or tiefling/halforc for aesthetic reasons alone.

Other builds I might like to to try: halforc rogue (assassin)/fighter (champion) TWF for pure crit-fishing murdery goodness, with a dip in the barbecue sauce so I can fight in the nude. Kinda curious about going thermonuclear as a Warlock/Evoker.

Remove ads