• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Elves without racism [+]

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Heh. That might be the first good reason for Halflings to exist in D&D.
You started a plus thread, and then tossed this bomb into it.

You're telling people they cannot have racism with their fantasy races, and then tossing this bomb out there.

Serious Yaarel? I know you know a whole lot of your peers here like halflings in D&D and as a concept. Can we not? Can we not do this double standard "Let me insult anyone who likes this entire race in D&D" thing? I mean, I get it, you don't like a particular race and think they are stupid and think they should not exist. Maybe don't do that in a thread where you're on an anti-racism high horse?

Yaarel

He-Mage
You started a plus thread, and then tossed this bomb into it.

You're telling people they cannot have racism with their fantasy races, and then tossing this bomb out there.

Serious Yaarel? I know you know a whole lot of your peers here like halflings in D&D and as a concept. Can we not? Can we not do this double standard "Let me insult anyone who likes this entire race in D&D" thing? I mean, I get it, you don't like a particular race and think they are stupid and think they should not exist. Maybe don't do that in a thread where you're on an anti-racism high horse?
The reason for not needing a Halfling species is, it seems like a normal member of the Human species who is shorter.

A Small Human who takes the Lucky Feat.

Yaarel

He-Mage
Agreed, negative modifiers, Stat minimum and maximum, and variability in species based ASI all need to return.
Thats just ethnic stereotypes:

• This race is slightly smarter.

• This race is slightly dumber.

A distinct species is ENTIRELY UNLIKE the other.

Remove ads