• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron: Curse of the Cold Sun (game thread)

81Dagon

Explorer
With practiced efficiency, Vela and Kiki quickly disembowel the flaming dinosaur, removing it from the battle. As the creature dies, it bursts into hot flames that char it all of the way to the skeleton, leaving just blackened ash and bones behind.

Bang’s canon misses the flying hound this time, but Boom-Boom finds his mark. Even though the blot imbeds in the creature’s shoulder, it literally shrugs of the attack. As the bolt falls to the ground, the beast seems to have been injured, but not as much as it should have been.

The Wolf deems fit to return the favor, and soars straight at the goblin’s throat! Boom’s mithral armor saves his life, but the wolf still wounds him deeply with blood dripping to the ground below.

While White’s chakram finds its mark twice more, this time the hobgoblin’s armor protects them, and both remain standing.

With this latest barrage, the goblinoids seem to have realized that they are sitting ducks if they remain at rang, and close in for melee. Dropping their bow, they draw wicked longswords and charge through the unbrush. One is unable to clear the thick jungle, and two more reach Arthun and White, but their blows are easily deflected. The final hobgoblin evades Bertram’s defences. The Inquisitor is a able to dampen the blow a bit, but it is still painful and deep.

The goblin bearing two swords barks at the warriors in the guttural goblin language in pleased voice.

”Uvopur pnuurn! Kruun drul dnukutk uv domuut ruknudt uk droon buun ut kouun unkk knuduun kdnuukdr? Dro sbon krumm nok ukuo!”

[sblock=Goblin Speakers]”A fine blow brother! See how the true gods of the land have granted us their power and given our worgs even greater strength? The Empire shall rise again!”[/sblock]

[sblock=OCC]Boom takes 12 damage and Bertram takes 10 damage.
Bertram may act. [/sblock]

[sblock=map] Screen Shot 2013-05-23 at 10.05.14 AM.png[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Bertram grunts in pain from the blow, but counters swinging Sword and Sheild (1d20+3=20, 1d20+3=4) powerfully. "I can give as good as I get all day. My guess is you'll run out of blood before I do."

damage (1d8+6=10)

[sblock=OOC]Power attack. His Elysian Bronze sword gets a +1 to damage against monstrous humanoids and now he'll be +1 to hit against hobgoblins for 24 hours unless he hits some other kind of monstrous humanoid or magical beast. All supposes a 20 hits of course.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Yeah, notifications gave out...the system changed so you have to checkmark which threads it'll notify you about...sigh. :) Not a bad change, just wish there'd been some announcement or something.)

Vela gives a shrill shriek of triumph, and guides Kiki around with her knees to aim at their next target. They galumph through the underbrush to flank one of the hobgoblins and both dinosaur and rider attack! The thick plant growth and the speed of their movement makes for a difficult target though!

(Move to F11 and attack the goblin there with flanking. Not sure which color is who, but the white dot. :))

(Nat 1 from Kiki, and a 14 from Vela. Assuming a miss. :))
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4074587/

Davachido

Explorer
OOC: I was assuming an update post as isn't there some enemy initiatives to come after Betram acted? Or am I missing something here?

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Maybe...I just posted my turn to make sure I didn't forget when it came up. I'm not sure when my init actually comes up.)

81Dagon

Explorer
The hobgoblin is badly wounded by Bertram's blow, but stays standing. The clawfoot then charges, attempting to bite at Bertram's neck, but he his able to use his shield's spikes to keep the teeth away. While he is distracted, the hobgoblin with two swords charges in with uneasy grace, dodging through blades and stabbing White in the gut with one of his blades!

Vela's aim is off just slightly and she and Kiki reenter the battle and the hobgoblin she is attacking ducks at the last second to avoid his head become part of a shish kebab.

[sblock=Now back to your regular scheduled game...] The hobgoblin provokes no attacks of opportunity for charging. White takes 16 damage!

Everyone may make a perception check.

Scotley
: Most hobgoblins are just humanoids, not monstrous humanoids, so the bronze won't be effective on these ones. Sorry.[/sblock]

[sblock=map]Screen Shot 2013-06-08 at 2.36.42 PM.png[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=81Dragon]D'oh, that's what I get for assuming rather than checking. I shall check that more carefully in the future.[/sblock]

81Dagon

Explorer
[sblock=occ]No worries. I have been toying with the idea of using some of the monstrous hobgoblins from MMV, but I haven't decided yet, so we'll see. You will get millage out of the monstrous beast side of it though.

Either way, two PCs may act, and there's no need to wait for anyone to make the perception check either.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads