• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Movie/TV Dungeons & Dragons Adventures is a 24-Hour Streaming Channel Launching in Summer

New shows feature animation, influencers, and actual plays

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 11.37.53 AM.png

This summer, a new free streaming channel will be launched by eOne, the entertainment company owned by Hasbro. It will be ad-supported and available on multiple (as yet unspecified) platforms and feature a mix of animation, third party influencers, and actual play shows.

The old 1980s Dungeons & Dragons cartoon will be available, along with shows like:
  • Encounter Party is based on an existing podcast and set in the Forgotten Realms.
  • Faster, Purple Worm! Kill! Kill! is a comedy game stream in each episode of which a party of 1st level characters march to their deaths against deadly monsters.
  • Heroes's Feast is a cooking/talk show.

I wonder if maybe a lot of people watched the pirate version, but when they liked the movie now they want to buy the copy, at least as piece of collection, or to speculate.

* Could VTT be used for a mixture of game-live show and e-sport?

* How could a D&D videogame work as an e-sport, maybe a wargame? And could this game be used to playtest new classes with special mechanics? Psionic manifesters, (ki/spirit) martial adepts, incarnum soulmelders, vestige pact binders..

* Why not a show about urban legends and criptology? It would be like an almost return of "Dark*Matter" setting. Maybe Dark*Matter with a system for a fast creation of PCs could be the right rival for "Call of Chulthu" in the Japanese market. Some aspirant mangaka could be hired to create one-shot stories set in this setting. At least those artist could show their talent.

moto_0529.jpg

* Some space could be "neutral-system" lore about historical settings. Do you remember the Campaing Sourcebooks with a green cover? It could be interesting even for no-players. Even it could be used as a "bait" for adult parents for their little children. You only have to add some monster based in the folklore or mythology.

16915.jpg

Or a spiritual succesor of the show "the ultimate warrior" about historical fighters. Or about historical warriors against mythological monsters. For example green-berets in a kobold lair (with traps), or cowboys vs mutants(Gamma World).

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I did my part. I bought a digital copy (and I never buy digital, always just get a hard copy).

Anyone else also gotten it digitally?
Yeah, and I actually bought it, not just rented it. Kinda feel dumb buying movies on Amazon Prime, but then when I think how long I've actually had Amazon Prime, I'm pretty sure I have shows I've purchased there that have outlived most of my DVDs.

Remove ads

Remove ads