• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dumb Cleric Domain Question

dagger

Adventurer
When does a cleric get to start casting higher level domain spells? Is it when he can cast of the appropriate spell level or what?

Example: Death Domain - the number 9 spell is Wail of the Banshee. So a cleric can start casting this at 17th level? If not, when? This is all assuming the cleric can cast up to 9 th level spells (19 wis).

Is that correct?

Thanks people!

Last edited:

Someguy

First Post
Yup, ytou are right....

It is like another spell of the same level, except you can only choose among 2 (or 3 or 4, but those are from prestige classes.)

Crothian

First Post
And you only get one domain spell ofg any level per day unless that domain spell is also on you master cleric spell chart.

Galfridus

First Post
Misread the Title

Heh, I was expecting something like:

Dumb Domain

Granted Power: Cause a skill check made within 30' to fail as if a "1" was rolled. Usable once per day.

1. Random Action
2. Blindness/Deafness/Dumbness
3. Slow
4. Bestow Curse
5. Feeblemind
6. Mass Suggestion
7. Insanity
8. Symbol
9. Energy Drain

IceBear

Explorer
Rolling a 1 does not necessarily cause a skill check to fail :) That only applies to attack rolls and Saving Throws.

IceBear

Crothian

First Post
That's actaully not a bad domain, but I'm not sure I'd worship a god whose main domain dealt with stupididty. Unless I could get the power "Take back stupid action" I'd have a many characters a live if I only had the one ability!:rolleyes:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Crothian said:
That's actaully not a bad domain, but I'm not sure I'd worship a god whose main domain dealt with stupididty. Unless I could get the power "Take back stupid action" I'd have a many characters a live if I only had the one ability!:rolleyes:

LOL! I know a lot of characters who would take that...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
In fact, if you look on the cleric's Spells Per Day table (PHB, pg 30, Table 3-6), you'll find them listed. The spells per day are listed as "X+1" The +1 referrs to the domain spell of that level they get that day.

nsruf

First Post
Re: Misread the Title

Galfridus said:
Granted Power: Cause a skill check made within 30' to fail as if a "1" was rolled. Usable once per day.

How about "Apply your negative Int penalty as a bonus to all saving throws"? I mean, how smart are worshippers of the God of Stupidity supposed to be? :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads