• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you like modrons?

Do you like modrons?

• Yes, they are great! (Either a particular edition's version, or all versions)

Votes: 122 56.7%
  • Indifferent or undecided

Votes: 41 19.1%
  • No, they are too silly or inappropriate

Votes: 46 21.4%
  • What are modrons?

Votes: 6 2.8%

As suggested in this thread, let's get a non-scientific survey of EN World's opinions on modrons, shall we?

Obviously, I'm a HUGE fan of them and think they have a place in every edition of the game. I had plenty of fun thinking about the possible directions the race could go in after the events of "The Great Modron March" and definitely think they can be presented in some interesting non-goofy ways. But others certainly disagree.

So what do the rest of you think?

(Note: I'll change the product link above to EN World's RPGNow link. It's just RPGNow is currently down.)

Tewligan

First Post
Gorilla_donotwant.jpg

Blah. They're stupid, and don't fit in with sword-n-sorcery.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
They're weird. They're cute, at least the DiTerlizzi version.

Cute & Weird, sounds like a viable critter to me.

I like them.

Cheers, LT.

Ktulu

First Post
In our 4e planescape game over the summer we used Warforged in place of Modrons, but kept the name. My character kept referring to the modron as a moron. That was the only time I've liked Modrons.

Voadam

Legend
I've like them since the 1e MMII (I think it was Jim Halloway art).

I've never used them or seen them in a game I played, but I like them.

I'm not so fond of the diterlizzi art versions. Significantly less implacable alien creatures of law from a visual perspective IMO.

Woas

First Post
I find Modrons are a completely stupid creature. I really dislike planes and other worlds of existence. As a GM I really don't bother with other planes at all. So creatures based off alignment-planes are pretty much trash for me.

Remove ads