• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Discussion - General Discussion Thread '09

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sounds like an added bonus when I become a CS ;)

Thought I don't know about my avatar becoming smaller (already hard to see)

HM

Dungannon

First Post
looks around

Wow, this thing is still going? Cool. I may have to consider bringing Devlin & Lucien back from the outer reaches of time & space.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I'm officially retiring my gnome illusionist, Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons the Third. In a strange experiment, I introduced him as a temporary NPC in my game, and then promptly lost all interest in playing him. Fimble has 4635 XP.

I'm also officially retiring my elf druid, Quarion Holimion. He is an avatar of the first character I ever played. I've been planning on retiring him since about halfway through his last adventure, Break of Dawn. I even had a story for his retirement, explaining that he took the Amulet of Dawn to the druidic guardian and stayed with it forever, ensuring its protection. The adventure fizzled, however, and that opportunity was handwaved away. Anyway, it's time for him to go. Quarion has 11700 XP.

According to the retirement rules, I can retire them both, add their XP, and drop the level by one. That's 16335 XP (level 6), minus 1 is level 5, with 10000 XP. For now, I will hold off on creating the new ECL 5 character.

If a fellow judge would be so kind as to review this and approve it, I would be most grateful.

Velmont

First Post
I wasn't aware of that rule... that mean if I retire Rinaldo, Opale and Ridik, I could have a level 15 character... now let's find an adventure for such a character :p

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
It's capped at the level of the most advanced character retired this way. So in my case, Quarion is level 5, so even if Fimble was level 4, I wouldn't be able to have a level 6 character. It's all in the Guide to Living Enworld thread, towards the bottom, in the section about retiring characters.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I don't think anybody's officially judging A Rather Odd Shovel anymore. We have multiple judges playing the game, so we're staying honest, but I thought it worth mentioning, since eventually we'll need somebody to officially approve everything.

Theroc

First Post
Is there an up to date list of the active characters on LEW at the moment? I'm just wondering, as I might fiddle around with making another character, but want to make sure I won't be selecting something that will be redundant with most of the active populace.

Trouvere

Explorer
I'm officially retiring my gnome illusionist, Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons the Third.
Fimble has 4635 XP.

I'm also officially retiring my elf druid, Quarion Holimion.
Quarion has 11700 XP.

According to the retirement rules, I can retire them both, add their XP, and drop the level by one. That's 16335 XP (level 6), minus 1 is level 5, with 10000 XP.
The numbers check out, so we bid farewell to Quarion and mostly farewell to Fimble, and you can start an ECL 5 PC whenever you like.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads