• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deuce Traveler's Sewer Rats [RECRUITING 1 PLAYER]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Well in that case how about:

1.) You are not a Sewer Rat now.

2.) Your friend was doing a job for a shady employer who hired her and another to go down into the sewers, find a mirror, and perform a magic rite on it.

3.) You go into the sewers to find your friend because you feel that something about this job is wrong. Instead you find the Sewer Rats and join them since it seems you are heading for the same place

4.) You find that your friend died on her mission.

5.) You join the party after the Sewer Rats show interest in tracking down the person who hired her and got her killed.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Boddynock, I am posting an update to round 2 now in the IC thread. I am going to have your character hear the fighting, so that you can join in. Check it out in about 20 minutes.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I feel that went farely well. I got to start off a serious threat and main story arc that will be revealed over time, and opened up the possibility of side quests. Also, I tried a few concepts out when it came to fighting in a narrow tunnel and I'd like to do more with that environment in the future. I think Needles and Chernguk played off each other well, and I am glad introducing Gunzuul went smoothly.

I also think the pacing was decent. I felt awkward in trying to figure out how much sardonic comedy should be placed into the game. I'm trying not to make it too serious, or too dull, or too silly and trying to find a proper balance is not easy as I'm more accustomed to darker and grittier games. So I am enjoying the chance to try comedic elements, but I am not sure if they are coming across well.

Anyway, I have several ideas and options for the next chapter, so please tell me what you think and give me feedback. It will help me pick the next approach and mission.

Boddynock

First Post
Not arriving on the scene until late, I can't comment a lot on the dynamics, except to say that I thought the fight scene with the ogre had a good energy and pace to it.

I did like the vignette with the city officials. ;)

Looking forward to more!

Fenris

Adventurer
I agree with Boddynock, the scene with the Union officials was great. I thought that pacing was great as well. As were the challenges, you do have to be careful with first level characters.

The tunnel fighting was tough, we couldn't all get to the opponents and ranged combat into melee is tough. It will force us to be very careful in setting up our fights (when we can), but will color our strategy in future encounters.

All in all, a great start.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I have no issues with the adventure thus far. I like that is it was a nice, neat package.

I'm still not 100% 'into' my character. Maybe it's just my mood as of late, maybe it's because his 'build' doesn't reflect my concept of him, or maybe I'm just over-thinking. Everyone else is doing fantastic.

My only surprise is how 'nice' all of the monstrous humanoids seem to be. ;)

ghostcat

First Post
This is a me too post, as I agree with he others. Pacing and challenges are about right.

As for the scene with the union officials, that was spot on.

Remove ads