• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DC Gameday VII -- October 9th and 10th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

madwabbit

First Post
Attention EVERYONE: Space Issues

So, if you've been following messages upthread, you know that we've become victims of our own success: more people have been attending each Gameday than the previous one, which is a good thing. This year, the space that we have from the AFT is the smaller conference room (for those familiar with it from previous events), which means at most we have room for 6-7 tables for 6-7 people each comfortably spaced out across the room, which in turn means we can only have at most 7 games per session for 6-7 people each.

We're likely going to get more attendees registered over the next three weeks, meaning we may end up with more players than we have games and/or space for. With that said, however, even with those extra people we're nowhere near the point where we're going to need to turn people away -- we just might to squeeze it in a bit, run pickup games at tables set up in the hallway (which is a nice, quiet, wide hallway), or do what it takes to just make it work.

All we ask is that you come to the Gameday knowing there might be squeezing and shifting around, and to be cool, cooperative, and even collaborative in helping us manage the space. We have every expectation that we'll be able to manage space well, and with your help in this, we're well on our way to our greatest Gameday ever.

With that in mind, if you know folks who are thinking about coming, but are worried that they might not have a game to attend or the ability to hang out and observe, tell 'em to come anyway, and we'll make some pickup gaming happen (organizing thread for that here) and have a place with chairs set up for folks to sit around and chat if that's what they want to do.

Things always work out at Gameday by virtue of Serendipity -- we don't expect this one to be any different. :)

Last edited:

Cassander

First Post
Ditto!

(except for the small space, which seems to be causing problems. Get a bigger free room for us next time! *cracks whip*)

madwabbit

First Post
Email your info to DCGameday AT gmail DOT com, please.

A bit of onerous administrivia, if you will: unless you have already done so for this gameday, if you are attending DC Gameday, please send an email to DCGameday AT gmail DOT com, with your real name and the days you are attending. Even if you're running a game that has already been posted. Even if you're just showing up for a couple of hours to chat with folks and see what the deal is. Even if you've already registered for a game. Even if you've already sent in an email for a previous Gameday event. Even I know you personally and you're sleeping with me... er, at my house for the weekend. Even if I've held your hair back for you while you puked in the toilet. Even if you're an organizer.

In other words, everyone who hasn't already done so. This email is used to compile the list for the security desk at the AFT building, and the easier we make this task for them, the happier they are (and the guards there are really cool and accommodating folks, and my wife has an excellent rapport with them which she'd like to maintain).

Inevitably, with all the last minute details, we *always* forget something -- having the attendee list be as complete as possible without us having to harass people to let us know you're coming is a very good and desirable thing, as it's one less thing for us to worry about. (And no, Jay, I won't forget to print out the list this time, but maybe I'll forget to keep YOUR name on it! :D)

Thus endeth the harangue. ;)

Send your info as soon as you can, please. Thank you.

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Sent. But Cass is right, if you want people to respond as soon as possible, I'd post it in a new thread :)

madwabbit

First Post
Heh. No need at all to let us know you've responded... We're all tied into the gmail account, we'll see the email. Keep calm and carry on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads