• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Sun PbP Game [Full]

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Ok. So it looks like we have just wondered in a circle.

Myself, Garyh, and Sir Osis still need a PbP DM.

What are you going to do Kitana?

Should we continue in this thread, or start another?

Last edited:

I'm not sure I understand how to play using these boards. How are turns taken so that they are fair? If someone has all day to run their computer it seems they would have an advantage. Maybe I'm wrong. If I could figure out how to do this in a manner that seems right to me then I'll do something here seperate from that adventure.

garyh

First Post
megamania said:
I'm not sure I understand how to play using these boards. How are turns taken so that they are fair? If someone has all day to run their computer it seems they would have an advantage. Maybe I'm wrong. If I could figure out how to do this in a manner that seems right to me then I'll do something here seperate from that adventure.

Games here don't advance on a clear turn basis. Essentially, in non-combat areas, the DM puts forth the situation and waits until the group reaches a consensus on what to do. In combat, the DM waits for everyone to chime in with their move and then advances the combat to the next round.

That's my take, at least. :)

That's my take, at least.

Thats about the size of it,

the DM desribes the opening, IE the door bursts open and two kobold wielding full blades walk through the door.

the runs down initiatives:

Ashrem 19
Garyh 17
Kobolds 12
megamania 10
Kitanavorr 5

then waits for the players actions, makes the rolls and does a write up outlining how things in the round worked out and starts again.

Thats pretty much how comat works. Roleplays even easier it just the players responding to each other and the npc's.

Sir Osis of Liver said:

Thats about the size of it,

the DM desribes the opening, IE the door bursts open and two kobold wielding full blades walk through the door.

the runs down initiatives:

Ashrem 19
Garyh 17
Kobolds 12
megamania 10
Kitanavorr 5

then waits for the players actions, makes the rolls and does a write up outlining how things in the round worked out and starts again.

Thats pretty much how comat works. Roleplays even easier it just the players responding to each other and the npc's.

Sounds like play by e-mail. Maybe This can still work out. I am having problems printing stuff from the official Darksun site however which is causing major problems at my end. Called in help and he couldn't figure it out either. I can't print out 1/2 the rules due to a font issue.

If I can get around this, maybe I can do e-mail play with the ARRGH members and message board members here. This would possibly keep folks guessing about what the other group is/isn't doing.

Bare with me- I REALLY want this to work. I miss GMing Darksun to bad to let this oppertunity go bye-bye on me.

KitanaVorr

First Post
megamania said:

Sounds like play by e-mail. Maybe This can still work out. I am having problems printing stuff from the official Darksun site however which is causing major problems at my end. Called in help and he couldn't figure it out either. I can't print out 1/2 the rules due to a font issue.

If I can get around this, maybe I can do e-mail play with the ARRGH members and message board members here. This would possibly keep folks guessing about what the other group is/isn't doing.

Bare with me- I REALLY want this to work. I miss GMing Darksun to bad to let this oppertunity go bye-bye on me.

Well if you get this one off the ground, I am really interested in joining.

I'm going to be traveling for Saturday and Sunday so won't be able to really post very often. If something comes up wrong with my laptop, I probably won't be able to post for the entire week until Dec 29.

I won't have the Psionics book with me, but I'm interested in being a psion or gladiator.

so close yet so far away

The earliest I'll have this going not until January either way. I and a friend are setting up a yahoo club thingie for maps and pictures. Once we get it going, a link (I think) will be set up with the first entry I submitt that will work as a prelude to the events that will unfold for here to play out. Like I said- I really want this work. Keep an eye out for when I announce opening folks. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads