Dark Elf (Drow) Half Drow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Just a minor rewording, Half-drow favored class should be ANY. You have it worded to be any like humans and half-elves.

Knight Otu

First Post
I'm a bit worried that the half-drow gets two benefits, though they are rather minor. I'll give this proposal a (somewhat cautious) Yes.

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
I'm a bit worried that the half-drow gets two benefits, though they are rather minor. I'll give this proposal a (somewhat cautious) Yes.

They only difference stat wise between them an half elves is half elves get +2 Gather Info and Diplomacy and have low-light vision, while Half-drow get rapier, short sword, and crossbow proficiency. A debatable trade, which helps some characters more than others (only realy helps mages, clerics, druids, and others with VERY limited weapon selection), compaired to the skill bonus which is always available. It's more of a flavor issue than a game stat issue.

Personaly, I'm not a huge fan of the Drow, I think they're overused, and could live with never hearing about them again. But I don't see anything wrong with the half-drow mechanicaly.

Knight Otu

First Post
That's what I get for typing too fast - what I meant are the two minor benefits they only get when raised in the drow culture.:heh:

Manzanita

First Post
Bront said:
Ahh, yeah, I'd ditch that part and leave it that they get it automaticly.

I like that they don't get it automatically. Why would half-elves get elven automatically? I don't see that they would if raised exclusively by humans, which could be the case. Both undercommon and the weapons in question are fairly minor bonuses, which could be offset somewhat, by being raised on the surface and having friends and a greater understanding of human culture.

Whatever. This proposal could use a section on half-drow personality and culture. Where they're found, how they are looked upon by others, etc. But a player could create this him/her self, I would think.

spycat

First Post
Well i wanted to leave a lot of the specifics open to player creativity. plus sence there is no real EnWorld map (at least none ive been able to find) i wanted to leave that for when there is some idea of a geography.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads