• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Damage by HD in OSE/Od&d

I was also tinkering (i.e. using currently) in two games the idea of a shield being able to be "sundered", whereby it is destroyed, but ignores the damage done on that hit. So a shield bearer could use it for a big hit, or when they're down to a couple Hp, etc. The +2 would probably work since the shield provides a pretty big benefit (albeit one time, unless you bring multiple shields - but watch that weight!).
Works that way in Black Hack iirc & in the Talisman RPG

kenada

Legend
Supporter
Carcass Crawler #3 adds some new weapons and armor inspired by AD&D. It was released to backers of the new boxed sets a while back, but it’s not yet available generally. There are some new weapon qualities, but nothing is particularly different with how they do damage.

Cruentus

Adventurer
I have an eye out for when Carcass Crawler #3 is available. I have #1 and have adopted some of that material into my game (thieves skills to d6, some of the classes). I'd like to see the weapons and armor, and qualities from #3. I also have the Dolmenwood materials (Patreon), which codifies much of the Carcass Crawlers, and is chock full of great ideas.

Remove ads